Starcraft 2 : No LAN

thebridgerofdoom

Wrong. I loved SC1 more than any other game for a very long time. No LAN play is a HUGE deal for me and I will not be buying it until LAN play is cracked.

I disagree. It's completely a deal breaker for me (and many others I've spoken to).

Be honest though your in the minority who wont buy it due to that fact though. I bet you will eventually cave when all your friends are playing and telling you how great the game is. It is like a buddy of mine who wont eat Heinz ketchup because John Kerry's wife owns the company. If you want to boycott the game thats your choice, but you will be missing out on the coolness that is Starcraft 2, and I truly am sorry for you.

Be honest the majority of people out there could care less.

I bought the original Starcraft the day it hit retail shelfs and have been playing it ever since. While LAN play would be nice, it is a relic of the past.

When you buy a computer these days, you don't just buy it to do stuff offline. You buy a computer to connect to the web. Everyone is connected and that is what blizzard is really trying to prove here, that they can keep you connected to your friends at all times.

Take at look at some of the battle.net features they announced yesterday, while its still a work in progress it gives you an idea on how blizzard really wants to strive to connect you with your friends. LAN play really doesn't do that, as only a small minority will take advantage of that feature regularly.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest though your in the minority who wont buy it due to that fact though. I bet you will eventually cave when all your friends are playing and telling you how great the game is. It is like a buddy of mine who wont eat Heinz ketchup because John Kerry's wife owns the company. If you want to boycott the game thats your choice, but you will be missing out on the coolness that is Starcraft 2, and I truly am sorry for you.

Be honest the majority of people out there could care less.

I bought the original Starcraft the day it hit retail shelfs and have been playing it ever since. While LAN play would be nice, it is a relic of the past.

When you buy a computer these days, you don't just buy it to do stuff offline. You buy a computer to connect to the web. Everyone is connected and that is what blizzard is really trying to prove here, that they can keep you connected to your friends at all times.

Take at look at some of the battle.net features they announced yesterday, while its still a work in progress it gives you an idea on how blizzard really wants to strive to connect you with your friends. LAN play really doesn't do that, as only a small minority will take advantage of that feature regularly.

:lol: Stop your psychoanalysis, it's clearly not your area of expertise. You do not speak for everyone and please don't try to.

Not sure why people who have never played SC1 and have no plans to play SC2 even care what happens to SC2.

I care because I was a huge fan of LAN play in diablo 2 and I don't want to see them do this to SC2 or D3.

It is like a buddy of mine who wont eat Heinz ketchup because John Kerry's wife owns the company.

I lol'd

I have to guess that they will have or add LAN capabilities. I mean, how else are you going to have those big LAN parties and organized tournaments? A business-class connection, maybe?

IMO, it just seems silly to make a hurdle for the small groups who are playing over LAN who could possibly have only one or two copies between them when the vastly bigger problem is the people who torrent a cracked copy.

You have to be retarded to want to connect to the internet to play on the same network with someone else, I own two warchests for diablo 2, if you don't believe me then I will take a picture.

Edited by Deathmineral

You have to be retarded to want to connect to the internet to play on the same network with someone else, I own two warchests for diablo 2, if you don't believe me then I will take a picture.

If you play LAN, your stuff won't even be saved for online play. There's no way in hell you're going to never play online.

And I find it funny how you own two battlechests and call them warchests.

Edited by tkrow21