Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajmatson

Mods and Worklogs

Guest ajmatson

As some of the members on staff know I am the type of guy that loves the flashy parts of a computer. The more LEDs, Cathodes, and shiny things the better. With that said I notice a lot of members do not show off their rigs except for the occasional post in the post your desktop thread.

With that I challenge those of you who mod your computer cases, add water cooling loops, or whatever to post your worklogs on your designs so others can see your glory and follow suit.

Show off your BLING (dare I say that) and show it off proud. Let's see what you have.

:withstupid: 1000%

Worklogs are my single favorite thing to see here at OCC. It's the best kind of content. My Armor teardown/rebuild worklog got lost in the-forum-crash-that-must-never-be-mentioned, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

Next time you're going to do some work on your PC, grab a digi-cam and take some pics along the way! People love it, plus it's always fun to show off your handywork :P

I'm gonna do an upgrade soon, and while I have my case torn apart I was thinking of spraying the inside of it either a flat or a satin black. Because the grey looks ugly. So I'll whip out my digital camera and snap some photos of the process. On a side note, where would be the best place to mount my radiator? Right now I have it hanging off the back of my case but it looks really bad there. I can put it inside the case but then I loose most of my drive bays and I have to mount my hard drives in the back of the case.

Edited by slick2500

Guest ajmatson

@Verran I agree I troll the internet looking for worklogs. I love to see things that I never thought of. :)

I also am going to be overhauling two of my systems with water cooling and other things that I am going to start a worklog on. I am glad to see all of the interest on this topic and I look forward to reading everyone's work.

I'm with Verran and AJ, I love worklogs!

Even if I glance at a mod and it looks humdrum-boring I almost always get sucked into the worklog, you never know what you'll learn!

I love worklogs! I did one for my current build and will be doing another this fall (building a nice new AM3 water cooled build once I get the moneys!).

I found one of the coolest work logs ever, really nice work and if you have ever played Portal it's a must see. Its soo cool I wish it were mine.

Portal Case Mod This guy's got skills.

I found one of the coolest work logs ever, really nice work and if you have ever played Portal it's a must see. Its soo cool I wish it were mine.

Portal Case Mod This guy's got skills.

Thats an awesome mod.

One thing I found weird out of everything was that he said it would have been $75 for the PVC he used if he had to by it.

!!!!!

How?

He can't possibly live that far out in the middle of nowhere where PVC pipe has to be shipped to your house.

He is a clever modder but I'm calling noob on him just for saying that...

:P

in terms of materials... about $100. That includes wood, paint, the case(real cheap), sandpaper, masking tape, bondo, screws. I got the PVC pipe free so that was a big chunk right there. I looked into buying the piece I needed and it would have been like $75 including shipping just for that. It is a relatively simple mod though. The case was $30. The hardware I had laying around and needed some additional things to make it a server. Then for this mod I really did nothing to the hardware and set up the software differently. The hardware would probably equate to about $300 now. Basic Motherboard. 2GB memory, 3800+ X2 500W PSU, 7600GT couple 80GB hard drives and a DVD reader... no burning ability. Overclocked it to get some more speed but was a bit limited by the motherboard. Really it was a very simple project.

He can't possibly live that far out in the middle of nowhere where PVC pipe has to be shipped to your house.

He is a clever modder but I'm calling noob on him just for saying that...

Dude have you ever tried to find an 10 inch diameter peice of PVC? I live in nowhere and I can tell you I would have to have that size of PVC shipped I could maybe find it if I had an hour or so to call around then I would have to drive atleast an hour to get it.