Sign in to follow this  
woppy101

board and pcie x8 problem

a few days ago i posted a thread about my pcie bus not running in 16x but running in 8x on my MA790X-UD4 after i changed to a 955 AM3 chip . i have just recived my new board an AM3 MA790FX-UD5P and this one is also running @8x it cant be the same fault on two boards the only thing i can now think of is it it the graphics card (GTX275). i have started the rma but before i send it back has anyone got anymore ideas about what it could be i have a new 4870x2 comming tomorrow to try,it wont have anything to do with a nvidia card on an AMD chipset could it

this vantage mark is done with a 940 chip @3.7

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1125847

this vantage mark is done with the [email protected]

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1203238

both the same settings on the graphics card,thats why i originly thought it was to do with the am3 chip thats why i got an am3 board but the board didnt change anything.

many thanks for any replys.

There could be a setting in the bios to change it; many boards with dual pcie slots will set them both to 8x instead of one 16x and the other 1x.

There could be a setting in the bios to change it; many boards with dual pcie slots will set them both to 8x instead of one 16x and the other 1x.

x2. This is definitely a possibility for your issue. I'd say have a look :)

I'm thinking it's a setting in the BIOS too. I think another RMA is silly at this point.

i had a seprate vgs chip provided by asus which has to be inserted into the unused pcie so that the other can run at 16x i suggest u find out about that chip its very simple u just have to keep it into the the 2nd pcie so that the first one is at 16x if it is out then both run at 8x