PSU: Rocketfish 700W ATX PSU

HDD: 320GB 7200 rpm SATA3G HD

CD/DVD: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive

Case: Antec 900

LAPTOP:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218092150636

Thanks

Probably the desktop.

Laptop's Centrino 2 CPU are nothing compared to desktop's CPUs.

but by how much?

I know the laptop has more RAM, and the gfx cards are both nvidia 260's even though ones a mobile gpu.

Desktops will always be better than laptops in the gaming environment. the CPU is way better, and the video card is always better than a mobile one. Plus, bigger case for better cooling, etc.

The Desktop would be better. The only way to gauge them in terms of real world performance would be to find a review with statistics such as FPS in games and Benchmarks.

Is there any reason you're considering a laptop vs desktop? And if you're looking for a new PC, what's your budget/requirements etc?

but by how much?

I know the laptop has more RAM, and the gfx cards are both nvidia 260's even though ones a mobile gpu.

Well the GTX 260M isn't a GTX 260, I'm pretty sure its a rebranded 9800GTM. (correct me if I'm wrong).

The laptop would be a nice computer for a laptop, why are you considering buying a gaming laptop? To be quite frank, they get outdated in no time at all and put a deep hole in your pockets... I recommend you use it as a LAST resort.

I still say you just get a netbook for the laptop since laptops should only be used for portability, and the netbook will handle everything you would want to do minus the games. If you get a gaming laptop, your wallet will be hurting, the point of it being a laptop will fail since that graphics card will give you like an hour max in battery life, not to mention like others said, the graphics card is decently powerful but will get dated REALLY fast and leave you with a slow computer in no time.