Sign in to follow this  
samrozzi

help with system start up error/removing it

hello recently put together my pc but every time I start up my system im getting an error thats something like

"error: please shutdown computer and check system fan before damaging your pc, press F2 to continue"

something about saying my system fan is disconnected and not working which in reality its working perfectly fine, everythings great. But this little error gets annoying. how can I get rid of it?

hello recently put together my pc but every time I start up my system im getting an error thats something like

"error: please shutdown computer and check system fan before damaging your pc, press F2 to continue"

something about saying my system fan is disconnected and not working which in reality its working perfectly fine, everythings great. But this little error gets annoying. how can I get rid of it?

Where do you have the fan connected? It could be because you aren't connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard.

well ill check in a bit. what is considered the "system Fan"?

like which fan connection should I check?

The fan on your CPU cooler. I accidently didn't connect mine on my xigmatek and the message came up, I powered down the PC, plugged it into the Mobo fan connecter, powered up and it worked again :)

im checking now and the cpu fan is plugged into the CPU FAN spot on the mobo. the mobo has a little label that says "CPU FAN" and I plug it right in there. and its a nogo.

that's odd, I have my CPU fans connected right to the power supply and I never got a message like that ever. try unplugging it, starting the computer a second then shut it off immediately and plug it back in again. Maybe it will work properly then?

What do you mean it's a "nogo"?

It would be a LOT more helpful if you could be more specific about the errors you're seeing and what you're doing. Taking the extra few minutes to explain in detail can really make the difference when you're the one asking for help.

What do you mean it's a "nogo"?

That usually means it didn't work.

Does the BIOS report an RPM for the fan?

Go into the BIOS and turn off the System Fan alarm setting.

Or plug a fan into the System Fan header.

i went in to BIOS, but I know what im doing but I dont wanna mess around to much. i didnt see anything as far as shutting off fan alarms and fan control.

Any help?

first thing I would do is make sure the temperature really is good. The fan may appear to be working ok, but not performing as well as it should.

It should be in the bios some where. Did you build this pc yourself? Or is it a pre-made (Dell) or something? What motherboard is it?

Edit: I see you mentioned building it yourself, but it could still have been a motherboard from a pre-built, which many times don't have many options in the bios.

Edited by Fight Game