Computer turn on, no display, no activity

godlyatheist

I took home an HP desktop a customer wanted to throw away at my store since he didn't do want to fill out the paperwork. The specs are as follows:

P4 3.2gHz 800 fsb (Northwood)

HP OEM mobo with i865 chipset

512mb ddr400 (single stick)

radeon 9200 agp with 128mb ddr

250w oem psu

When I got it home it booted to windows xp logon screen, but since I don't know the password I left it sitting there. When I came back from dinner I see BSOD with error code 0x0000000A. So I ran 3 passes of memtest and it passed and then proceeded to reinstall xp. Half way through the install I shut off the computer because I those the pc type(i chose 486 instead of standard pc). When I try to restart it the computer turns on, but there's no longer any display and the hdd does not have any activity. So, which part do you guys think went out? I can test the ram, put a 500w working psu in, or test with another harddrive. I don't have an agp or pci video card to swap out the radeon with(I can get one for like $15) and I don't know if the P4 will work in an emachine that previously ran 400mhz fsb northwood celeron.

I'd start with the parts you can test w/o purchusing anything. I've seen that error on a HP w/ almost the same exact specs and it was the Hard Drive that went out on my clients PC. Quick test for the PSU, are the system fans kicking on and the Green Power LED on the Motherboard lighting up. The other thing, which happened on one of my old PC is my Processor overheated majorly and no matter what i did, i couldn't get video any longer.