airman

Nissan 240SX Project

a realistic goal would be about 400whp.

400whp in a 2700lb car would be much fun - here's about 330hp in a 240sx (ball bearing turbo so he spools a little bit faster than I will, but close to it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LFxGU4Gh4...D82&index=0

he punches it at 20mph and lets off at about 100-105. he spins his tires a little at the top of 2nd gear but i'm sure that was still one hell of a ride.

Hell, 400hp in a 3500lb car is fun. Weight:power is what makes it though. My dad and I are working on a 73 pinto that we dropped a 5.0 v8 into. Car only weighs bout 2200 lbs, once we get some aggressive cams, ported alum heads, and LT headers; it should be up near 350~ish :D

BTW its been disputed many times between teh KA and SR block and every time the Sr block is much stronger under boost than the KA block as found by MANY companies.

BTW its been disputed many times between teh KA and SR block and every time the Sr block is much stronger under boost than the KA block as found by MANY companies.

sources? i'd really like to see :)

listen, i have ALREADY explained why i have chosen the ka24 over the sr20. i've done hours of research and watched a lot of videos. KAs more readily available, MUCH cheaper, the ka will have higher output at the same boost level as an sr, and better results in the long run for what i want it for (torque for autocross), so i don't need you or anyone else telling me how much better the SR is. so drop it; we don't need to keep beating any dead horses.

i've located a shell and i will be picking it up this weekend. i'll post pictures once it's back home :)

Serious question.

Overlooking that it will obviously just drop into what you've already picked out, why not try something unique?

Shoehorn that motor into a smaller car or something.

It may not be easy but it will be different.

If you are going to throw 2.8k into a motor you may as well get the best power/weight ratio you can manage.

Get a hold of an early 80's 200sx and drop that mother in there, make a poor mans pre-90 240sx beast...

:lol:

lefte.jpg------ just a thought, I'm a veee hickle noob so don't blast me if thats an ignorant idea...

it's definitely been done before, but a lot of time and fabrication (aka more money) to get something like that done. putting a ka into a 240sx is about as simple as it gets :) a little body work, some paint, some TLC on the interior and bang i've got me a 12 second car for about 5 grand :)

if i had the time, resources, and a full-sized garage, i'd put this motor into a 280zx - my dad owned one after he graduated from college and actually said i should get one of those and restore it instead. hopefully when I get out of college him and I can build ourselves one :)

280zx:

0202261001213696895.jpg

Edited by airman

Yea, I definitely know what you mean.

Why screw around when it essentially drops into a 240 eh?

Would be neat to roll up on someone in a 200sx beater and "rape the flip" (bwahaha I love that scene from "The IT Crowd") out of them.

They wouldn't know what hit them...

:D

One of my Mustang mechanics at a local shop knows a guy that swapped an ls1 into his 240 o.o

yeah, that's a very common swap. again though - it takes a lot of fabrication to do something like that and i really don't have the time/resources to pull it off.

Sounds like you are making nice progress - that thing is gonna be a blast on an autocross course!

One of my Mustang mechanics at a local shop knows a guy that swapped an ls1 into his 240 o.o

There is a 96mm turbo'd 396ci LT1 in a gutted rx7 I have seen at the local strip. It is a trailor queen mostly but is still street legal and has been driven to car meets...~900rwhp and 2200lbs :blink: .

Crappy looking white and primer exterior to top it off, talk about a sleeper!

:withstupid: NOTHING beats a sleeper

i'm going to try to hide my front mount as much as possible and keep the exhaust as unnoticeable as possible just for that...