Intel P45 x X48

Hello!

First, sorry for my english ... I am Brazilian. XD

Well, I have a terrible doubt.

I will do an upgrade on my motherboard and I do not know which one to choose.

I am between the X48 and P45 chipsets.

- P45:

P5Q-E

P5Q Deluxe

- X48:

Rampage Formula

P5E Deluxe

I do not know what I choose between the four moherboards.

What are the differences between the Rampage Formula and P5E Deluxe?

And between the P5Q-E and P5Q Deluxe?

And there is an advantage for the X48? I will not do Crossfire, but the price difference here in Brazil is low, and if the X48 has a performance better than the P45, I can pay more.

Which one?

Thanks! =D

I'm not much of an ASUS person anymore, but there's really no need to pay the additional premium for X48 when the only sufficient thing that differentiates the two is DDR3 support.

Go with the P45, all the way.

Welcome to the Forum, by the way. B:)

the only sufficient thing that differentiates the two is DDR3 support.

The P35 chipset supports DDR3, so as the P45 does.

What you should have said is that there is no need to pay the additional premium for the X48 motherboard when the only sufficient thing that differentiates the two is DDR3 support.

Edited by The Smith

The P35 chipset supports DDR3, so as the P45 does.

What you should have said is that there is no need to pay the additional premium for the X48 motherboard when the only sufficient thing that differentiates the two is DDR3 support.

I swear I said that.

Thanks for clearing up my fog. :wacko::lol:

Thanks for the "Welcome" =D

So... I really don't want the DDR3 support. I just have my DDR2 memories.

I want Overclock! XD

What's the best choice for overclock?

P45 or X48?

Tks!

As for you, again, P45 all the way.

P45 is cheaper and is as just as good of a performer, even better depending on the board and application.

Edited by r3d c0m3t

Thanks for the "Welcome" =D

So... I really don't want the DDR3 support. I just have my DDR2 memories.

I want Overclock! XD

What's the best choice for overclock?

P45 or X48?

Tks!

The P45 will clock as high as the X48 probably. I have not seen any comparison about that though. So don't quote me on that. But even P35 boards clock very well.

I will explain for you... XD

I have a P5K Premium, and this motherboard isn't cheap here in Brazil. Although this motherboard use the P35 Chipset, it has the same P5Q-E price. O__O

In other cases, the P5K Premium is more expensive than P5Q-E. If I sell my motherboard, I can buy a P5Q-E, without doubts. =D

But... a last question:

P5Q-E or P5Q Deluxe? (Here, these motherboard have the same price)

Thanks!

I vote for the P45. I have an X48 but if you're not going to be doing Crossfire it won't make a difference. The P45 boards clock really well and are cheaper without lacking any major features.

As for the deluxe model, compare the boards and see the difference. I'm not an Asus person, so I don't know off the top of my head, but it's probably just bells and whistles. Maybe better cooling. See what the different features are and decide from there.

Are you able to get one of the gigabyte ud3 series there? If so i would go with a ud3r or a ud3p. From what I can tell they are more reliable that the p5q's.

Edited by TheHippi

Hello!

First, sorry for my english ... I am Brazilian. XD

Well, I have a terrible doubt.

I will do an upgrade on my motherboard and I do not know which one to choose.

I am between the X48 and P45 chipsets.

- P45:

P5Q-E

P5Q Deluxe

- X48:

Rampage Formula

P5E Deluxe

I do not know what I choose between the four moherboards.

What are the differences between the Rampage Formula and P5E Deluxe?

And between the P5Q-E and P5Q Deluxe?

And there is an advantage for the X48? I will not do Crossfire, but the price difference here in Brazil is low, and if the X48 has a performance better than the P45, I can pay more.

Which one?

Thanks! =D

knowing what i know today i feel better about recommending a p45 chipset. My preference would be for a gigabyte p45.....if i had to do it over again i feel pretty positive that i could get higher overclocks with a gigabyte than i can with my rampage formula B:) but due to the asus being cheaper then well hey i guess your choices are limited

I've had one of each P5Q pro, P5Q premium, P5Q deluxe and P5Q-D. They've all been excellent boards. With the premium I had my Q6600 at 3,753mHz 100% stable, I managed to get another Q6600 to 3,600 mHz on my P5Q deluxe, (different chips so may have been a better chip with the premium?) The premium had 4 x GB lan on the back panel whereas the others have only two, (the D has only one.)

If you can get the premium for the same price or even a couple bucks more buy it. You never know when 4 x GB lan could come in handy and in my opinion they look better!

As for OC'ing I would go with the P45 as they should OC the same as an X48