Plz Look Here

STC

Hi i would like overclock my PC and i want to know how much... and how? :huh:

Oh and what are the most silent and coldest heatsinks?

and this is what i have for now.

MB - ASUS A7N8X

CPU - XP 2500+ @1834Mhz/333FBS w/the real heatsink

VC - ASUS Radeon 9600se 128M

RAM - Kingston PC2700 512M @333Mhz

so what can i do?

PS: Thx :)

Edited by STC

what questions you ask :)

First off, when overclocking generally we change the FSB. Hopefully your bios has an option that will let you change it manually.

Heres the steps, go into the bios, find the place to change it and then turn it up by the smallest increment possible. Reboot and check your temps, if they are under...for me Id say 50C then load up the OS and have it do somthing cpu intensive for a few minutes and then check temps again. If its still under 50 the process until you've put your temp past 50 and take a step back.

If your bios doesnt offer an option there are a number of programs that will do these things for you, try googling it (its 1:20 and I ahve work in 9 hours so I dont feel like searching for you)

As for your next question as to what the BEST Quietist HSF is the coldest and quiestist would be a water cooled sytem. Do you have a hundred bucks? If not you're gonna have to go with some air cooling. Check out the SLK series, the SLK-800, SLK-900 are some pretty sweet sink's, then get a fan for 'em. I like the Smart case fan 2 from thermal take because it has the adjustable fan control and at max it shoots somthing like 72 CFM. Its not the quietest though. What you may notice is that if you get a loud fan and leave your computer running for a few days you wont even notice the noise anymore and if anything it helps you sleep.

good luck.

Ya.. well.. for about 300 dollars you can get watercooling!! its very quiet... but dont get the slk-900, its the best.. pust a vantic tornado on it and it will be loud but very cool, or quiet, try looking up zailmen.. i dont know if i spelled it right but google will fix that! :P

::withstupid:: look at people's sigs for setup ideas, and go with the DDR 400 (PC 3200 ram), because you will definately get 200 fbs with 2500+ , then you won't need to OC you ram right away

take a look at my sig i did the same mistake that you are about to do by going with the DDR 333 (PC 2700), luckily i bought i didn't go cheap (i am usually really cheap) and i got Corsair and it was able to OC to PC 3200 nicely in sync with my cup's FBS of 200

ur cpu should oc nicely at 200 fbs X 11 multiplyer which is 3200+

humm from lookin at what u said again it seems that u alread bought the ram, u don't need to oc it, but im not sure how ur ram might oc, but to oc it put ur fbs at 200 and make the ram mun at 100%, but take the ram up slowly, make sure u dont fry ur ram <_<

as far as hsf (heat sink fan) goes i would suggest the slk 900a with a fan with variable speed or if u dont want to spend that much go witht the thermaltake volcano 11 it is a good bang for the buck ~$24 the silent boost is also a really good one

Heya

To overclock your Radeon 9600.

You could use a software called Powerstrip.

It allows you to change the Core clock and RAM freq of your GPU

Once you notice artefacts, it means that your GPU overclock is TOO high.

Reduce the freq till you have a stable artefact free display.

For CPU overclocking u could try www.ocarena.com

hope this helps!