Will 260 GTX run DX11?

Because of this, I look forward to DX11, maybe you guys are a bit close minded? :P

I wouldn't call it "close minded" though. Realistically, DX10 has not done that much for gaming since it came out. I remember everyone freaking out about needing a DX10 card as soon as Vista hit and getting all wrapped up in all the marketing hype and all that, but looking back now I just think it's funny. It's STILL not that big of a deal and it's been out for a long time now!

My advice is to ignore DX11 now. It's going to be a long time before it even means anything. It's just marketing hype right now, and furthermore there's nothing you can do about it because the cards aren't out. If you buy a DX10 card now, it will last PLENTY long and you probably won't even really think about DX11 until your next one.

If you're always waiting for that next big thing, you'll never buy anything. This is absolutely the case for DX11 cards right now.

I wouldn't call it "close minded" though. Realistically, DX10 has not done that much for gaming since it came out. I remember everyone freaking out about needing a DX10 card as soon as Vista hit and getting all wrapped up in all the marketing hype and all that, but looking back now I just think it's funny. It's STILL not that big of a deal and it's been out for a long time now!

My advice is to ignore DX11 now. It's going to be a long time before it even means anything. It's just marketing hype right now, and furthermore there's nothing you can do about it because the cards aren't out. If you buy a DX10 card now, it will last PLENTY long and you probably won't even really think about DX11 until your next one.

If you're always waiting for that next big thing, you'll never buy anything. This is absolutely the case for DX11 cards right now.

QFT.

Although... I really didn't notice a big difference in DX9 vs DX10 until I benchmarked Tom Clancy's HAWX with both... it makes a pretty big difference in that game. The entire sky gets filled with clouds and sun rays and stuff... vs... just open sky. :P

I could barely see the difference(if any)when i had vista 64.All i noticed was lower framerates.But i think dx11 might surprise us,maybe theyve optimized it somehow so it gives much better performance than dx10.

Man I also remember the dx10 hype, It was the only reason I got the vga card I'm currently using.

Since then I have actually forgotten all about it .

I diden't even know there was a dx10.1 :blink:

I suppose in the end if M$ actually made 11 that it looks drastically different/better than 10 then I could see it adopted sooner but if its just like the transition between 9 and 10 then I doubt it will take off for awhile.