I plan on water cooling.....on a budget

OK so after 3 months with my new system i am........unsatisfied. So i plan to move to a lga 775 system with a e8400 and a ecs p45 motherboard. that leaves me with 150 for an amazing air cooler or good water cooling. I plan to go with water cooling. any advice for water cooling? can someone recommend a good system or show what they can create for that much? I am currently looking at the Swiftech H20-220 Compact CPU Water Cooling Kit because it has good reviews and a rad box.

thanx in advance

$150 isn't gonna get you a worthwhile WC loop. But an e8400 doesn't really need to be water cooled anyways. I have my e8600 at 4Ghz on air cooling. Inside a cramped Shuttle no less.

$150 isn't gonna get you a worthwhile WC loop. But an e8400 doesn't really need to be water cooled anyways. I have my e8600 at 4Ghz on air cooling. Inside a cramped Shuttle no less.

what air cooler do you advise. no price limit.

I think the most popular ones atm are a TRUE or a Noctua 1384 something or other. Hard for me to say from experience...last aftermarket heatsink I used was an old school XP90 lol. Been on either stock or water for awhile.

buy some copper, mill a block, get tubing and fittings from hardware store, pump from aquarium, and distilled water from an auto parts store, oh and a heatercore from a car.

buy some copper, mill a block, get tubing and fittings from hardware store, pump from aquarium, and distilled water from an auto parts store, oh and a heatercore from a car.

yeah well not everyone knows how or can pull that off for $150 bub :)

Coolermaster V10 is mind of a hybrid air/TEC cooler isn't it? Check it out it's pretty cool.

I went a different way when I tried out WC over the last two months. I usually buy a kick-butt case and a TRUE. This time I bought a Thermaltake Kandalf LCS, (liquid cooling system,) case and it's great! The case is basicly a suped-up Armor. The WC system is integratedinto the case and works great! Again this is only an option if you plan on a new case anyways but for $340 CAD I think it was a pretty good buy.