Iphone 3GS and ATT.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know so many people who have gone to AT&T just for the iPhone.

/raiseshand o.O

I was on a midwestern Network called US Cellular, and they had great coverage, however their phones where always like three years older then what all the other networks had tech wise...

I am likely going to buy a 3GS next friday, as I have signal issues already hopefully the 3g network is better out here then the old school 2g....

Edited by greengiant912

once the contract is up and verizon can get a cdma iphone......game over i will get one :) i also think att will lose about 1-2 million customers if that happens.

Edited by KennyisKing

once the contract is up and verizon can get a cdma iphone......game over i will get one :) i also think att will lose about 1-2 million customers if that happens.

Depending when it happens, its not a question of if. I am pretty sure Apple is getting alot of crap for creating such a great device yet not having a network that can back it up. I will likely drop ATT. I need to look and see if they offer a cheaper plan for it as well, I am @ $74 a month and thats a bit much right now that I have a new car payment and such :-\

Wouldnt it be cheaper for current ATT customers looking to upgrade their 3G to pay the early termination fee and sign on again?

Off topic.... I like KennyisKings Member No.

Jujst about every mobile carrier has a subsidy for the phones. You get a cheaper price on the phone to make it more attractive to you and the carrier makes up for it with the services. Pretty simple. I have a crackberry and would switch to the Iphone if they came to verizon. AT&T coverage has always been horrible with tons of roaming areas in the area I work. 15 miles south of home they go into roaming and you incur big fees for use in this area on the 95 corridor. At work we tested coverage with several different carriers and ended up with Nextel because at the they actually offered better coverage.. Imagine that. Personally I use Verizon because the areas I travel to and live the coverage is difficult to beat.

Hmm I've never been much of a fan of the Iphone mostly due to how restricted it is on ATT. Most other phones prior to gen 2 could do more than the iPhone and even still can do more than current gen. Don't really care so much about the apps they got since google has pretty much everything the same with android... I'm just waiting on ATT to get one and I doubt ATT is going to be begging apple to come back either. I hear rumor of ATT picking up a HTC based Android device sometime around November so I might switch to them or I might keep T-Mobile and go with the new Samsung Android device they are going to have soon. As for a network coverage in my area goes though ATT > Verizon > Spint > T-Mobile... and its pretty much that order with popularity too. Most people I know have ATT and some of them have an iPhone but I do know plenty that do not.

P.S. of any of the rumors or facts I might have mentioned... Ex.. ATT HTC Android Phone, Samsung Android phone.... google it I don't feel like posting links. I definitely can tell you there is going to be more that just the HTC phone for T-MO Android... but the ATT Android phone might be pure rumor.. I think it was an article on engadget.

Can't wait until I get my Samsung Instinct, it should have a revision higher of the internet I have with my current phone, sprint's internet just smokes all other providers and my service is always great. The Instinct is admittedly not quite as app'd out as the Iphone but the community is still growing and I'm sure there's a good deal of good stuff for it. I'd never drop sprint since my little Samsung Upstage has embarassed every Iphone internet I've pit it against (in speed tests with a tethered laptop, since the phone itself is not really that advanced, like the instinct is). It's ashame since the Iphone itself is the only Apple product I truly respect, good job in even screwing that one up AT&T. I wonder how the new Palm Pre will do too, I'll probably stick with my Instinct as I'm going to assume it'll probably be quite good (and if I ever went verizon I'd get the Blackberry Storm since my friend has one and it's pretty nice)

A few things I found irritating... first was Apple promoting the phone at $199 & $299. If they had simply said "new subscribers" it would have been understandable. It's very misleading, and I'm sure there will be lawsuits over it once the iPhone 3G S actually goes on sale. Of course, I understand the whole subsidizing of the cost. I didn't expect to be able to upgrade the wife's iPhone 3G to a 3G S less than a year after getting it. That's just common since... however, if AT&T were smart about the process, they would have offered the phone at a slightly discounted "full" price and then extended the original contract for another two years.

With a first generation iPhone, I am eligible to upgrade to the 3G S at the discounted price w/ contract. As much as I use the phone, the faster speed would be really nice to have. I've been sitting in places where I get no service, and the wife's iPhone 3G is at full strength. There is simply no comparison to loading sites in Safari, even sites that are not iPhone friendly (like OCC). Will I get the iPhone 3G S? Lord knows I want to... I really want to. Right now, I'm being held back by AT&T. I joined under Cingular, and have a very nice family place + rollover.... however, I'm not happy with AT&T's actions and network.

AT&T's exclusive with Apple expires at the end of the year. Word is that Verizon may be getting iPhone love starting in 2010. Would I switch my iPhone's to Verizon? Absolutely.

Though I have to say, I'm still pissed off at Apple with the iPhone 3.0 OS. MMS and video recording are not available on the iPhone EDGE due to "hardware limitations"? BS. Jailbreak your iPhone and you have those abilities. Other EDGE phones have those abilities. And it doesn't change the fact that Apple (and AT&T) should have included those features in the iPhone on Day 1. AT&T not supporting MMS until "later this summer" is stupid as well. They've known this was coming for a while now and they have had more than enough time to prepare for this roll out.

Tethering isn't that big of a deal to me. I've never had a need for it. WiFi is easily available these days (Starbucks, MacDonald's, Krystals, Panera, air ports, malls, etc.) if I need internet on a notebook, I'll find it... and cheaper than what AT&T will charge for it. - Ironically enough, WiFi at Mac D's and Starbucks is via AT&T. :(

I think the Apple keynote at WWDC gave clear message that Apple was not at all happy with AT&T. Those slides of iPhone providers that are "ready to go" had to be a slap across the face of AT&T management.

I love my iPhone, I use it more than my PC, Mac, TiVo, 360, PS3, and every other piece of technology I own. I'll be upgrading to a new iPhone at some point in time, just not sure if it will be with AT&T or some other provider in the coming year. Though my lack of self control will probably see me locked into a new AT&T contract for 2 years... which may not be bad, because by then 4G networks should start being rolled out. ;)

You are just mad ATT is so good a screwing people. I think the truth is ALL major companies don't give a . about customers, marketing is the game. I dont go to a customer service training for ATT until JD power and associates says we suck at it, its all about money. people who think major companies are trying to help them just need to wake up(not an insult to you by the way, just blowing off steam) . you should be a demanding dick to these large companies, if people give them space they will take it. Thats why everyone has to have internet with the 3g, its not that it cant be done, ATT & APPLE just ask, why shouldn't it be done? 1.9 million people left other providers they where otherwise happy with to get the iphone by the end of 08', at a 79.99 dollar a mo. minimum thats over 1.8 billion in annual revenue and thats just the people who came to ATT. think of the people's family's that also came, text messaging plans, app store sales, people already apart of the ATT network. the list of people getting owned by the APPLE/ATT double team is just ridiculous. They don't have the best customer service/network, why? they don't have to. simply put

"

" however, if AT&T were smart about the process, they would have offered the phone at a slightly discounted "full" price and then extended the original contract for another two years." after six months in a contract and good billing history you can get an exception upgrade its not a full discount, more like a half discount. go to an ATT COR store to find out.

Im sorry to sound mean, but they made me drive 90 miles on my day off to go to a customer service training for 4 hours because they think I'm the reason their review sucked. they charge people to pay there bill for Christ sake and they don't know whats causing this dissatifaction among their customers. they are so seriously retarded. 20 bucks to renew service, 40 bucks to start service, high relative cost, CS hold times are regularly "unusually high" (literally), 36 bucks to change your number, 18 bucks to move your line to another account, every friggen phone has a rebate, you lose your roller over minutes when you change your plan to one where you actually use them

Edited by mgsmid