Sign in to follow this  
motoray

My Home Made Case and MODS!

WARNING there are some images containing images of thermaltake products. For those of you with sensitive eyes be carefull. But rest assured these products are no longer on this system.

Ok this is my home made case with use of the case space hand tailored to each component and airflow. SPECS (asus m3n-ht delux hdmi, amd 6000+ 3.1 OC to 3.42,

2 evga 9800gtx superclocked plus OC ,

8gigs kingston hyperx dual channel 1066mhz,

Custom liquid cooling, Corsair psu.

Vista 64 ) other than my gpu water blocks which arive this week (mcw60's) and second radiator. So this is my case as of how im using it now.

mycomp.jpg

so now ill bring u from the beginnings of the case to the present project.

Heres the basic frame being somewhat welded

0329091941.jpg

0329091940.jpg

Paint and plexiglass cut with a couple components in

0402091610.jpg

final face plate test

0402091633.jpg

0405091345.jpg

brother admiring :)

0405091113.jpg

getting wires sorted

0405091410.jpg

0531091431.jpg

what it looks like in the dark

mycomp2.jpg

SO now im working on water cooling the video cards and also added fan controls and 2 temp probes to the face to monitor my ram

so here is my massive cooler

radiator1.jpg

front.jpg

So thats where im at The main construction took about a week and a half doin a couple hours a day after work. STAY TUNED more to come this week

Edited by motoray

Well the first vid card is ready and waiting for gpu blocks to arive (the fins looks buggered but they are not its just shiny sanded metal) The reason i choose to use the factory mofset and mem block is pretty simple its ganna cost 70$ for the new sinks plus then it will be a bare card this saves me money and looks almost as if nothing happened plus with a fan on a big sink thats no longer affected by GPU temperatures will run HELLA COLD

0608092049a.jpg

0608092125.jpg

and this is what they are ganna look like :) you would almost never know

0608092126.jpg

as soon as i can afford hopefully next paycheck im getting x4 940 to get this beast rolling

Edited by motoray

I like this type of case layout and am pretty certain I will make my own case for my next major build. I like how you've kept it simple and concentrated on making everything very clean cut

Is the optical drive cage ... was that originally a 2-bay cage, or did you mod it? Is it just suspended from the top cross-brace? Or is it fastened elsewhere?

For the panels, are you using 6-32 screws? Did you tap the frame?

Is that a reservoir flow-indicator outside the case? Are you going to mount it externally?

Where are you going to put hard drives?

looks good but .... did you really put stickers on it? I'm not fan of the stickers. You ruined a great looking case.

I thought Is saw your case somewhere (you posted 2 of them in your "intro" thread).

It looks awesome though, I'd really like to build my own case at some point too...

Nice case, very clean. Looks like self tapping screws were used, could be wrong tho.

Yes they are self tapping screws keeps everything simple. The drives are hung from the top brace WORKS BITCHEN plus can be easily removed for any reason. The external tank is for kicks i have a flow indicator inside running from the radiator to the inside resivor ill get some pics up when i get home. My gpu blocks got bumped back a day wont be here till thursday :( so im waiting. Thanks for the comments. O and about the stickers i was very reluctant myself but i was bored one day and did it anyway since i got a couple cracks on edge of that plexiglass screwing around (like a moron) so its ganna be replaced anyway.

ok this is ganna be big... i hope ur internet is ready for all this.

OK so heres test fitting the blocks

1.jpg

2.jpg

It fit *****EN!

3.jpg

4.jpg

Both of em DONE! but not togeather still had to cut and fit lines and leak test

5.jpg

leak testing!! jumped the psu so there is no power to anything else.

6.jpg

7.jpg

no leaks so i moved on

8.jpg

getting air out

9.jpg

pulled the cards as far out as i could and got em covered up

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

heres the rear lightened the pic a lil too much

15.jpg

job well done

16.jpg

17.jpg

There is a fa on the underside of the radiator so its 2 side by side but one is on the underside.

19.jpg

Finale

18.jpg

SO i hope you guys enjoyed this as much as i did O and i forgot to show the large hole i cut into the top plexi but u can just imagine it cause im lazy :) After some testing my video cards went from 58c(stock) to now 38c on full load highest graphics settings for hours. So thats 20c drop in temp in cards... thats just rediculous and it also dropped my cpu from 54-55 to 44-45 NUTS the big butt radiator works insane!!!!!!!!!!! so the results are awesome and its gamma make this computer a whole lotta fun

Does that heater core really cool your components with just a small area of it being cooled like that?

:unsure:

its actually a automatic trans cooler ans OMG ITS SO COLD I CANT FRECKIN BELIEVE IT o and there are 2 120mm fans on the radiator side by side one is just under pushing out and the other is on top ive always had the one inside so i left it where it is

Edited by motoray