Colbert Report

greengiant912

Anyone watching the Colbert Report?

Steven just got a haircut via a Presidential order to the general he was interviewing!!!

Freaking AWESOME!

Edited by greengiant912

\rant

I despise Colbert and the legions of people who use his show as their sole news gathering source...

/rant

Foxnews and CNN are any better? lol

\rant

I despise Colbert and the legions of people who use his show as their sole news gathering source...

/rant

Its entertainment.

As for being a news gathering source, well what everyone else her said is pretty much the point...

John Stewart is a little more serious with how he dose his show and isn't as goofy with his guests and how he dose things as Colbert is.

REALLY?!

I wouldn't have expected that from you. Can you elaborate? I mean what others have said about all news being spun is totally accurate IMO, but what's so bad about Colbert? If you don't like his comedic style that's perfectly fair, but I don't think that's a good reason to despise those that do.

I haven't been able to watch either show (Jon or Steve) because I don't have cable anymore, but I actually used to think they were some of the best news on TV because their only agenda was to be funny. They didn't have any overall liberal/conservative agenda like other stations/shows. They don't take themselves seriously enough to tow party lines either. You never got the whole story (only what was needed for the punchline), but they keep you surprisingly up to date on what's going on in the world.

Colbert is my Hero. The show is hilarious, and they are very careful to usually not pick any sides.

Its entertainment, not news. Just enjoy it and laugh!

Yeah, I suppose his show is humorous at times but I dunno I just don't like him for some reason.

I've watched it and liked parts of it but there is just something about him or his appearance that just irks me.

Maybe Its a little extreme to say I despise him but I still despise the people I know of that treat him like the end all news program. (not just him actually, but comedy central style programs in general)

And yes I realize that its entertainment (I take it as such) but some people just take things on Colbert and The Daily Show as the only way...

I know I'm of the age group to be considered "MTV era" but thats what I attribute most people between 14 and 30 now a days, I mean I knew people in high school who knew nothing outside of book learning unless it came from MTV or Comedy Central.

I'm not exaggerating, if it was not on MTV or CC they did NOT know it and what they did know was spun in the typical fashion of which you know.

I agree with you guys about other media being just as spun to that "brands" desires and people listening to only "news channel X" but I find it worse that these shows or channels are meant to be comedic and often have humorous levels of spin going indeterminate directions on all topics.

You can watch whatever you desire, I don't care but get a little supplemental knowledge for once...

:D

\rant

Steven just got a haircut via a Presidential order to the general he was interviewing!!!

That was really good.

I usually don't watch it but I watched this episode, a little too choreographed. He's okay as far as funny better than most I guess. I respect anyone who goes and does shows for our troops.

Yeah, I suppose his show is humorous at times but I dunno I just don't like him for some reason.

I've watched it and liked parts of it but there is just something about him or his appearance that just irks me.

Maybe Its a little extreme to say I despise him but I still despise the people I know of that treat him like the end all news program. (not just him actually, but comedy central style programs in general)

And yes I realize that its entertainment (I take it as such) but some people just take things on Colbert and The Daily Show as the only way...

I know I'm of the age group to be considered "MTV era" but thats what I attribute most people between 14 and 30 now a days, I mean I knew people in high school who knew nothing outside of book learning unless it came from MTV or Comedy Central.

I'm not exaggerating, if it was not on MTV or CC they did NOT know it and what they did know was spun in the typical fashion of which you know.

I agree with you guys about other media being just as spun to that "brands" desires and people listening to only "news channel X" but I find it worse that these shows or channels are meant to be comedic and often have humorous levels of spin going indeterminate directions on all topics.

You can watch whatever you desire, I don't care but get a little supplemental knowledge for once...

:D

\rant

I think the reason why shows like his and Jon Stewart's are so popular is the fact that the whole purpose of the show is to make fun of the news networks. I think the current generation is sick and tired of the one winged media weather it be left or right, you don't have any main stream media that makes light of the current events in the news, I think thats why they became so popular.