Need help choosing PSU

Hello, I would like to get some advices on what PSU I should get.

My build is : an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 CPU, an Asus P5Q-E motherboard, an Asus ENGTX275 graphics card, 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM, Antec Nine Hundred Two as case, a Pioneer DVD-RW optical drive, a Seagate Barracuda 500 Go HDD and finally Logitech G5 and G15 as mice and keyboard.

Now I have the choice between the Corsair HX520w or the OCZ ModXstream 700w. I don't know which one I should get.

Or you could also go on this site : http://www.microbytes.com/computer/ordinat...&filter_id=, where I'll buy my PSU. I want something in the 100-150 CAD range. Don't forget to go on the english version.

Edited by DDarrell

+1 for the corsair tx750W...

it's a really good power supply with room for that system to grow.

this pc power and cooling unit is a really good one as well...

the corsair tx750W has more pci-connectors though, which is nice to have if you can go sli in the future.

probably nothing wrong with the ocz modxstream as well...

but the corsair tx750W is probably the best option for you.

buy my PC Power and Cooling 1200 watt :) PM me if interested

Seriously? A 1200W power supply for an E8500 and a GTX275? Captain Overkill to the rescue!!!

I think the Corsairs and the PCP&C recommended earlier are good ideas.

Id go with the Corsair, having an almost identical system to yours. I had the PC P & C 610W, and I found it just too loud. The cables where ugly too. Not braided all the way.

I got a Corsair HX520, and love it! The cables are nice, and its really quiet.

I have a Quad Core + GTX285 running off it, so it will be more than enough for your system.

Enjoy!

HX520W = $155.00

TX750W = $159.00

All things considered I know which one I'd buy. ;)

Cheers

Paul

The modular one? ;)

Lol, the 750w is going to have way more cables (and power for that matter) than he will need, which will result in a pretty messy interior. I personally split the difference and found the 620HX on egghead for $129 after shipping. It's all up to preference of course, while the 750 will definetely give you room to grow, be prepared to spend a whole lot more time routing wires and trying to tidy up your rig vs the modular PSU.

Do you people live in a world without zip-ties or something? Since when is wire management so hard? I swear people make it out to be some incredibly daunting task. People put way too much value into modularity.

The TX is the obvious choice IMO.