2- 30Gb OCZ Vertex in Raid 0

road-runner

I ran Crystal Disk Mark to see what these would do hooked to the classified in raid 0. They are pretty darn fast, I am thinking about getting 1 more...

crystaldisk.jpg

Nice... I'd really like SLC RAID...

Has switching to SSDs improved any of your non-harddrive benches like maybe SPi, 3DMark, AQ3 etc?

It improved PCMark05 and PCMark Vantage, I have not got my rig back on the phase change or LN2 to really compare the others yet. I was planning to get it back on there one day this week, but an electrician friend of mine volunteered to put some dedicated 20 amp circuits in a room for me so I can get all my crunching rigs in one room so I have been busy with that. We got the electrical all done today now its time to move everything in there on shelves, lots of damn work...

Make sure to take pics of the folding room when it's all up :D

Here are a couple from a few minutes ago, I got 3 shelves in there now. I have to get the rigs off the 4th shelf first in order to move it. We put a whole house surge protector in there, that is what is attached under the main panel, there are 4-20amp circuits with 4 plugs each...

dsc01296kwr.jpgdsc01297x.jpg

Wow! You're not messing around. Now all you need is a big 'ol KVM.

Yes but there expensive, I have several 4 port KVMs so I will just stick a monitor on each shelf and 4 rigs. I probably cant afford to run 16 of them anyway... :D

Hmm, SSD's are getting pretty affordable now. I may just try them out. I imagine that the best use would be for your primary partition with your OS and apps?

Hmm...does cascading KVM's work?

It would work as long as they have a physical channel-select switch. Some KVMs switch with hot-key combos from the keyboard. In that case, the hotkeys would get intercepted by both KVMs and it would be a real mess :)