What screen should i buy?

Hello all, im currently looking for a screen to use for my recently built gaming PC. Im after a 22" screen size but not sure what resolution i should be looking for, im currently running a 4850 and want a really good looking res wen im in and out of game. Also i would like to connect my xbox 360 to the same screen and want a good quality picture. im looking at spending max $300

Hello all, im currently looking for a screen to use for my recently built gaming PC. Im after a 22" screen size but not sure what resolution i should be looking for, im currently running a 4850 and want a really good looking res wen im in and out of game. Also i would like to connect my xbox 360 to the same screen and want a good quality picture. im looking at spending max $300

get something with at least 1920x1080 res and an hdmi port for the 360

the monitor i have might be what you are looking for and it was only $230 ish canadian dollars plus tax and shipping,, so about 300 canadian

you are also going to need some way to play the sound from your 360,,, unless you get a monitor with speakers in it

Edited by feetfats

But how will my 4850 cope on 1920 x 1080?

If I may,

I just purchased an Asus 24 inch monitor. It's my first lcd monitor (actually for the wife's pc). It looks great, and is handled by the onboard integrated gpu, an ATI x200series. That gpu is no match for your card, so you should be able to run it just fine. Also, it has a nice 2ms gtg response time. Here's a link for you to read up on it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824236048 BTW I got it on sale for $219, with free shipping. ;)

Hope this helps

Flyby out

Edited by 99th_Flyby

But how will my 4850 cope on 1920 x 1080?

If it doesn't cope, use a lower resolution. 1920x1080 is only the MAX, but it can do many others. A 4850 should do fairly well at 1920x1080 on the usual games though. Mine did.

Also, for that price range you could easily get a 24" monitor. I got my 24" Dell (1920x1080) for $200 and since then I've even seen it for lower.