Sign in to follow this  
Renigade

Thats my boy !

Got him at a no kill dog shelter. Named him Renegade <go figure!> He is 4 months old he was found by the dog catcher running the streets of Ocala Fla.

If hes not pure blood, hes damn close to 100% Blood Hound :) If his sides start to darken up as he gets older I will know for sure.

After his first bath and meal at home a nice pig ear and a nap by the pool is just what the doctor ordered. :)

100B1961.jpg

Hes going to be a big boy his feet are almost as big as his head!

100_1970.jpg

LMAO he got a drink and had 3 inches of ear in the water bowl while drinking.. going to have to dry his ears after every drink or get a smaller bowl ! Hes going to have to grow into his harness. It was way to big! He should get up to about 100 lbs.

100_1882.jpg

Well it really doesn't matter anyways because he has an awesome temperament. But the people at the shelter The vet that gave him his Shots My Vet that gave him his Info chip all think hes 100% Bloodhound and after looking at this site I would have to agree Hes what they call a "Red Blood Hound"..

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bloodhoundphotos5.htm

I was going to pay 800$ for one with papers.. Ole Renegade will do just fine :)

Cute dog.

My Newfoundland has the same problem, when ever she drinks 50% of her head ends up sopping wet...

:D

that's a good lookin pup, dude. congrats on the awesome find, and your new best friend!

:)

Nice pooch you got there, any idea why he ended up at the shelter?

Looks like you found a good one, grats.

nice looking dog....good deal on rescuing him...I am glad that they have "no Kill" shelters...hopefully they get enough funding to properly car for the dogs....

on a sad note....the small town I live in of about 250,000 people has an animal shelter across the street and I read yesterday in the last month they have had 2,000 cats and 1,500 dogs turned in and they euthanized over 50% of them....their owners should be euthanized as well....

Karma I believe..

I helped a friend of mine start a no kill shelter in Tallahassee ( put up fence and built kennels washed fed and scooped a lotta poop. so i believe it was just meant to be.

He has the best temperament of any 4 month old dog I have ever seen. they said the dog catcher just found him wandering the streets he was emaciated and he was covered with Tics.

He was not even on the main floor yet. My girlfriend and i were about to leave when an old lady asked me if she could help us find a dog. I was like no thanks I'm just looking, and then as she was walking away I said " I'm really looking for a bloodhound." long story short, they had him in quarantine because he had not been fixed yet had been there for 9 days and had put on 9 pounds in 9 days. As I saw him, I was like where do I sign and how much is he!.

I know this may seem crazy to most but I feel like I just won the lottery.

Edit: Its all education Bowtie some people just don't know any better.

I know this may seem crazy to most but I feel like I just won the lottery.

It's not crazy at all, I'd love to find/buy a dog like that!