Folding Rig Poll

ir_cow

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a folding rig? and what is the cost?

• Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and ABOVE of NEW parts
    • Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and ABOVE of USED parts
    • Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and BELOW of NEW parts
    • Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and BELOW of USED parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and ABOVE of NEW parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and ABOVE of USED parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and BELOW of NEW parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and BELOW of USED parts
    • I don't have a deadicated folding rig but i use my personal computer
    • I use my computer plus a dedicated rig
    • I am lame and just do not folding for anything
  2. 2. I use THIS/THESE cards for folding

• Nvidia 8800GT
    • Nvidia 9800GT/GTX/+
    • Nvidia GTX 260/280/275
    • Nvidia GTX 295
    • Nvidia 9600gso
    • ATi 4850/70
    • ATi 4890
    • ATi 4870x2
    • Some other old card that gives me low points.
    • None of the above

i noticed a lot of us have dedicated folding rigs, i just thought i would make a poll and see how much money is being dropped into this. i personally owned 3 folding rigs and 5 video cards just for folding in the last 12 months! but i have a problem of selling them off :(

PLEASE READ ALL THE OPTIONS!

Edited by Verran

i noticed a lot of us have dedicated folding rigs, i just thought i would make a poll and see how much money is being dropped into this. i personally owned 3 folding rigs and 5 video cards just for folding in the last 12 months! but i have a problem of selling them off :(

PLEASE READ ALL THE OPTIONS!

as i began to improve/upgrade from my initial entry level home built pc i started to accumulate left over parts that have become the base platform of my folding rig...not cheap stuff at all but not top drawer anymore either...btw i used the ati 4580 button because there was no option for my folding cards, 2 3870X2's get the job done :D

cya..........cj

hiya king...!!

I took the liberty of adding a "none of the above" option on your second question because I was unable to vote for the first without giving an answer for the second, and none of them applied to me.

Guest ajmatson

I use three rigs currently, My main rig (computer) when I am not using it as well as my second test rig when not running benchnarks, and a server which sits there most of the time idle so might as well be folding. Currently i am running the CPU clients on them as well as a GTX260, and HD 4850, and soon a new card to the mix. I have been averaging about 8,000 PPD between them when running full time.

Edited by ajmatson

I've got my e6600 folding, my 8800GT, the office Pentium dual core (attempting to fold) and soon I'll have the other personal/office computer (e7400 or something like that ?) folding too...

Guest ajmatson
Only have 9 put together(Mostly) been doing a lot of swapping for reviews here lately spo production has gone down the toilet

Man do I know that one. Fold for a day then test, fold some more and more testing :) Reviewers should get an automatic 5,000 PPD for hardware testing downage :)

Man do I know that one. Fold for a day then test, fold some more and more testing :) Reviewers should get an automatic 5,000 PPD for hardware testing downage :)

Maybe its user error for the downage :P