Just a thought

nemo74

I just want to suggest something to the ADMIN of this site. A REALLY good idea you could use to help a lot of new people and lazy people lol, to make a sticky/pinned post of Best bang for your buck price ranges. Then people would not post asking people to rate their computer when its one item off the post below the person would make. I'm sure there are very computer smart people that could whip a list together rather fast.

I would say something like just what's in the case in brackets starting at 800, 1200, 1500, and 1500+ all on air cooling. Water or better would be more but that would be a new sticky. It would be something like:

800 and below:

Case: Case 1, Case 2, Case 3

Motherboards: mobo #1, Mobo #2 mobo#3

CPU: #1, #2, #3

Memory etc

GPU etc

HD etc

PSU etc

Just an idea to limit the amount posts in this forum. It

I've thought about this, too. There are quite a few build threads...

However, hardware prices are very volatile. It usually is up to the end user to watch for deals and then jump on them.

With that said, if there were some guidelines on where to spend your money based on the computer's use, I think that'd be great.

Like, for a gaming computer, spend 15-20% on the CPU, 15% on the motherboard, 20% on the graphics card, 10-15% on the power supply, etc. :)

The computer industry moves too quick for something like this. Prices change overnight, new products are released all the time. It would be near impossible to maintain.

I do like Nate's idea though. A guide on where to put your money for what you want to do with the computer.