Sign in to follow this  
Mercian

Case Recomendation Needed for Water Cooled SLi system.

Hi there guys, im in the midst of ordering my water system for my system and will need a new case to squeeze it all into, would anybody be able to recommend a good case that is not to expensive that will provide good space for my water blocks and tubing. Is not massive as i trek it around with me to many lans.

The budgets is

Hi there guys, im in the midst of ordering my water system for my system and will need a new case to squeeze it all into, would anybody be able to recommend a good case that is not to expensive that will provide good space for my water blocks and tubing. Is not massive as i trek it around with me to many lans.

The budgets is

My Coolermaster ATCS 840 is watercooled and has space to spare, but that's pretty big so it'll be a pain to carry around

Water cooling AND SLI in a mid tower case is asking a bit much IMO, but such a case might exist..

For watercooling id say a haf932 nice large case, triple radiator mounting location on the top, a little on the heavy side though.

+1 or you can wait for that sweet Obsidian 800D to be released if you don't mind shelling out a few more bucks ;)..

WCing and going to a lot of LANs don't mix imo

:withstupid:

Plus, you won't find many cases that will have the space and mounts you need right off the shelf. There's probably going to have to be some modding and cutting involved.

Check out the Lancool DragonLord cases. The PC-K60W or PC-K62 can mount a radiator at the top of the case and the cases are mid-tower and are within your budget. Lancool is a division of Lian Li so they should be a decent quality case as well.

Hey would you be interested in making a case? I was able to make mine for about 50$ and it runs colder then pretty much any water cooling case on the market and looks sweet (imo) Im want to start a case building thread to go over all design issues. mycomp.jpg if that gives you an idea of what it looks like. To give you an idea my cpu is oc as far as it can go will never cross 55c no even if my room is 100 degrees. with sli 9800gtx oc to the max also they never cross 54c with fans only on 75% for endless hours of gaming on the highest res on highest graphics no matter how intense. So lemme know if ur interested. Some fabracation skills required.

Really just about any case that you choose can be used. Its just a matter of how much work you want to put in it and how wild you want to get with the water setup.

If it was Possible, Which if i put enough effort into it may be, I would Stuff my Power supply into the 5-1/4 bays I have spare and use both the Bottom, top, and Side panel Radiator mounts on the Haf932 I just got... :D but thats the Thing. I belive results should come at less of a PITA.

On a side note...... that would be about a 1000$ water cooling Job... ROFL