It's Time!

GRN

After months of waiting till prices go down and income go up, I am finally ready purchase and build my first computer. I am kinda nervous and just wanted to triple check everything and see if I got all the parts down. Here's the wishlist on newegg. Tell me what you think guys :)

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...Number=13378388

Are you planning to overclock? Because that E8400 is easily pushed to 4.0ghz with a good aftermarket cooler. The other parts look solid but what resolution are you planning to play at?

by the looks of that wishlist, it seems you've got it figured out...

looks good.

nice choice of power supply by the way...

have fun!

edit: missed that...

what the poster above mentioned.

indeed if you wish to overclock, you should consider something like this.

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

Will do on the aftermarket cooler. One question though, do you think that flashing the P45-UD3P bios is worth it? This'll be my first build and I don't want to take the chance and mess up the bios chip. Even though it has the double bios chip feature. I checked on the site and I don't think the updates will benefit me in anyway. Thanks for the fast responses too, I can always rely on the overclockersclub forum to help me out. :)

Why 2 500GB harddrives? A single terabyte is going to be cheaper.

That memory is pretty expensive as DDR2 goes (not saying it won't be good), but, if you save $40 on hard drives and $10 or $20 on the memory (say, here), it would put you in the GTX 275 or HD 4890 range - for full lifetime warranty cards. There are also some less expensive 4890's like the sapphire

Why 2 500GB harddrives? A single terabyte is going to be cheaper.

That memory is pretty expensive as DDR2 goes (not saying it won't be good), but, if you save $40 on hard drives and $10 or $20 on the memory (say, here), it would put you in the GTX 275 or HD 4890 range - for full lifetime warranty cards. There are also some less expensive 4890's like the sapphire

The only reason why I planned to buy 2 hard drives is to run Raid 0. Do you think running raid is worth it, or just go buy a single drive?