Gaming rig help?

thebridgerofdoom

I'll skip the ssd for now. I just found out where i live, which is pretty um.... cut out from technology, the price is ridiculously high. I'll go with the raptor+caviar black combo for now. If prices for ssd drop, or i get my end yr bonus XD i'll upgrade to ssd.

I am NOT a hardcore ocer. I just need it to be at 3.8 GHz and stable.... as stable as the possible. I want the 950 because it doesn't cost much. It allows me to drop back to 3.06ghz if i found out it is unstable, unlike the 920, which if i decided not to oc.... is at 2.66ghz if i am not wrong.

this is what it looks im buying now:

gtx 295

intel i7 950

EVGA SLI 3x X58 mobo

cosairs 750W psu

24 inch LCD (need suggestion) need one that is good for gaming.

Antec 902 or 1200

Raptor + caviar black

6gb 1600mhz RAM

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a 24" monitor that 295 is overkill. I would go with a resoluion of at least 1920X1200 otherwise that 295 is just money thrown away. How much money do you want to spend on the monitor? If you have a big enough budget you should get a rely high res monitor like 2560X1600 those resolutions create a extreme game experience and your ystem is capable of such resolutions.

a 24 inch should be 1920 x 1200. I dont like 30 inch, because then my other 22 inch moniter will be blocked. 400USD budget enough? or do i need more? I was originally looking at the dell 2408wfp, it was going to be my pick, but the price is really...... you get the point. If i can't find any good 24 inch, im getting the 2408wfp. Im also looking at the samsung 2493 HM or the phillips 240BW9CB

The dell looks like a decent screen. Dell is as far as i know high quality so it is a good choice. As wel as samsung and philips. If you pick one of thes you can almoast not go wrong.

Your 295 will be a bit overkill @1920X1200 and your sli (the 295 is basicly 2 275's in sli) won't create optimal preformance. i would get something like a 285 as main card and a dedicated physix card (if you are planning to run physix) like a 250. It will be cheaper and you wil still get max preformance.

Edited by Reagnon

Well from the moment you go past 24" prices skyrocket. If you want to spend only 400$ get a 24".

Your gtx 295 won't be a good bang for buck. If this system needs to last a wihile (as i suppose) it's certainly futureproof.

I would go for the 285 it can handle the res and if you ad a physx card as i said above it is also futureproof.

Edited by Reagnon

No thanks! I am glad that my suggestions are helpful. Just new you know... :blush:

I wish i could build a system like yours man! You will have verry good gaming experiance.

Edited by Reagnon

this is what it looks im buying now:

gtx 295

intel i7 950

EVGA SLI 3x X58 mobo

cosairs 750W psu

24 inch LCD (need suggestion) need one that is good for gaming.

Antec 902 or 1200

Raptor + caviar black

6gb 1600mhz RAM

That is gonna be one very fast PC - seriously. I don't know what yer playing, but i think you'll max just about every game out ('cept Crysis of course..)

Congrats on your decision. I'm really enjoying mine and it's not got the horsepower you're splashing out for.

That is gonna be one very fast PC - seriously. I don't know what yer playing, but i think you'll max just about every game out ('cept Crysis of course..)

Eh, I think he could max out crisis at those resolutions with a single 295.