Gaming rig help?

thebridgerofdoom

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he he..... will the cm v8 be enough to allow me to oc the 950 to 3.8ghz? oh wait..... its not yet released <_< anyone used the cm v8 and oced the 940 to 3.6 ghz 24/7 STABLE.... i do not want it to be crashing.... :rolleyes:

Ive gotten a 920 to 4.0ghz on a V8 24/7 Occt Stable, temps fully loaded were around 70C though.

If you are planning to spend that much money i would buy a i7 920 and a raid 0 setup with solid state drives. Those things are realy fast. you can take two solid tates in raid for os and games and a big drive for storage. the 600$ you save would be more than enough to pay those... ;)

nah.... i'll wait out for ssd to be cheaper. ATM i think my velociraptor is enough. Oh ya, anybody got any exp with the lachesis + tarantula + baracudda+destructor mat? Is it good? My friend has shitload of razer stuff, and he agreed to sell me these three products for 300 USD CAN't wait for 31st may......

Wait have you already bought Velociraptors? Cause It's really not a worthwhile investment, especially if its "for now". SSD are a great way to go. I've seen a fair few people have Razer gear in their specs. IVIYTHOS is one I think? I've never used it myself, but think it should be good, Razer gear comes with quite a price tag in Aus.

Ozc sells their 30 gb version at newegg for 149$ and the caviar green 1TB sells for 89$ just whitin your budget.

60 GB is not so much storage for games etc. (if you install vista on there only ~52 GB left) but if you clean those drives to the caviar you should be fine.

Ozc sells their 30 gb version at newegg for 149$ and the caviar green 1TB sells for 89$ just whitin your budget.

60 GB is not so much storage for games etc. (if you install vista on there only ~52 GB left) but if you clean those drives to the caviar you should be fine.

Man these prices just blow me away. Never seen such deals like this.

i7 975 is the way to go. They're binned for real nice performance, and 950 is basically a 920 with little higher multiplier.

plus the unlocked multi on the 975 will get you much better OC headroom. You won't be bus limited.

Either get a 920 or 975. I would prefer a 920, but 975 if you have a huge budget.

the 975 does not guaranty a better overclock. altough there iare far more chances that you have a 'superchip' if you arn't a hard core overclocker i wold go for the 920.

If you want to spend those extra hundred bucks on solid states you will get extreme preformance! bot if you stay at 400$ you can use two ozc's and a caviar green as i said above.