What the heck guys?!

TheSternMystic

It probably wouldn't be worth it.

Even the P4 cpu I had in this machine did crap PPD (yes I realize its about the cause and not the points, but you have to weigh electricity vs. PPD), plus you have to take into account the heat it will generate being on 24/7.

So in general if it is old (whether it be a laptop or desktop) i'd say it wouldn't be worth it, especially if it is really old because then they probably wouldn't even meet the client deadline...

No GPU's. I've got a corporate network of 60 odd machines folding, 30% 24/7, the rest only during business hours. Its only a small contribution overall, but it counts and the users dont even notice it in the background...Best part is that it install by itself to each new computer on the network thanks to my eliteness (well, actually just cos i wrote a batch file to call in the logon script...)

Will be slowly infiltrating an increasing number of machines as our network grows and also as our company gains affiliates that utilize our network...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got both of my GTX 275 GPUs folding and am getting some big PPD. It's also heating my house up a heck of a lot more with 2 GPUs and 3 VMs running.

Got a new GTX285 but as exams are over I'm gaming a lot more :)

Will be moving back home soon and am gona build a folding rig for my 2 9600gts.

Will also have my 285 folding more if I can find a job.

I've been gaming less over the past few days.

When I game all night my GPU is folding a lot less and sometimes I forget to unpause it when I go to bed.

I'm sure thats how it is with other people too.

Even when I use Firefox my GPU client lags like a mother, so a lot of the time its off.

I only fold on my GPU from like 3AM to 4PM (If I remember to turn it back on when I go to bed or get up)

Still warm here, but I've got 3 SMP clients going, a regular CPU client, and a GPU client on my 4870.

I am just running one of my GPUs during the day with my 3 SMP clients. It's less of a space heater that way.