What the heck guys?!

TheSternMystic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this actually brings to mind something I've been wondering for a while now. exactly how much does 24/7 folding increase your power bill? this is a sentiment that gets at least a mention in a good % of forum posts related to running one or more F@H clients...

I see an increase of about $10 - $20 per rig give or take

this actually brings to mind something I've been wondering for a while now. exactly how much does 24/7 folding increase your power bill? this is a sentiment that gets at least a mention in a good % of forum posts related to running one or more F@H clients...

Find out how much wattage your rig draws while Folding. Then find how many hours it runs in a month. Then multiply the number of watts by the hours and divide by 1000. Then multiply by your electric rate. Now I'm going to assume your electric company has different rates for different time periods, if that is so, well that just adds more calculations.

I'll let you know here in about a week! You could figure it out by taking the current drw from the wal and running through a few formulas. My bill is usually about $400 $450 a month or more with the AC on and all my rigs on full tilt. Here lately I have been doing a lot of swapping and have shut some down till I get the time to put them back on line.

Point production trend shows a steep decline, what's the deal?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea...?s=&t=12772

my main folding rig grinds out 2 gpu clients with 1 cpu client 24/7 day in and day out but apparently today it crashed while i was at work...i'm presuming because of heat but i dunno ....anyway it's back up and running and hopefully ok...... time will tell.....i may have to back off the overclock for the summer....!! :foldon:

my bill goes up about $25 a month for the folding rig...thats using a no name ultra aluminus 750w psu and sig'd hardware with wd 160g ide hd and ide sony optiarc dvd rw multi drive....nuttin fancy B:)

I've heard a lot about F@H, I'd like to do it, but my rig is pretty darn horrible, would it be worth it? Like would i get many PPD? I am only 16, sure I'd love a nice computer, its my dream :) I've built a couple nice ones for friends, but never had one myself. One day though.

I wouldn't be able to run it 24/7 but every little bit helps right? would it all be worthwhile?

Thanks guys

I say go for it, any extra is good and helps with understanding some diseases. And it helps the team :)

Give it a go and if you don't think its worth its easy to stop.

Will warn you though its somehow a little addictive. Maybe that's just me though :P

Sorry can't comment on what PPD to expect.

Find out how much wattage your rig draws while Folding. Then find how many hours it runs in a month. Then multiply the number of watts by the hours and divide by 1000. Then multiply by your electric rate. Now I'm going to assume your electric company has different rates for different time periods, if that is so, well that just adds more calculations.

In this case it's still rather easy. You just have to take the integral of the electric rate function on the given interval of time. :)

Guest ajmatson

I have been putting out about 8,000PPD lately :) In fact I am about to break into the top 100 and I started in 138 last week :foldon:

Edited by ajmatson