XFX ATI Radeon 4850 512Mb

Hi guys! I have a few questions about the XFX ATI Radeon 4850 512mb GPU I am getting from newegg.com, along with other components me and some of you agreed on in the System Building section. I am going to use these specs/this card for gaming. Here is the exact card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150337.

I however have heard a few issues from reviews and other things that may and may not be true/may and may not be an issue to me.

They are as follows:

Wait are these issues with all HD4870 512mb's or just this one?

Because I am loving my HIS HD4870, it was cheap and included free game. I play on 1440x900 so I get really good results, constantly 60FPS(Because I use Vsync).

EDIT: Damn...I really need to learn how to read :lol:

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

Whered you get 86$ from? its 115$ from what i can see, lol.

But anyway, thanks so far guys.

And i know looks dont really matter and that ones not bad, but i like the look of the XFX better/the 2 year warranty sounds nice :P

that reminds me. People who own/have owned a 4850, are wanted!

Edited by ClaymanVTW

I bought a Sapphire Dual slot cooled version of this card, the PCB layout was different, the card itself was shorter and it had a good cooler which is why I picked it

I have had it since I think late August and its been running overclocked at 700mhz core no problem at all, a few months after purchase I did replace the thermal paste with OCZ stuff thermal paste

only because I already had it, further lowered temps which were good but they were fine before anyway

Just don't get the stock 4850!!!

I have an earlier version of this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102824

It works just fine and cools very well. It is $86 and has none of the problems you said. I am sure the XFX is great too as XFX is a very trusted company on the NVIDIA side.

And yes if I were to buy a 4850 now I would get the XFX version, cheapest I think, looks good, has a good cooler and exhausts air out the back, warranty is good and so is XFX in general!