gigabyte superb 720

some people recommend me this psu due to 80+ effieciency, using japan-made capacitor, sleeved cabling and low cost too!! (at my place)

Gigabyte Superb 720

gigabyte produce good psu in odin gt series that why i would like to try this one. the max combined wattage is only 610w not 720w but 610w is more than enough for me because only think to use single GPU card (gtx260 216). no oc and sli

here the 80+ verification test

any opinion and advice? :D

Edited by finalmoto

Most good quality power supplies today carry 80 Plus certification, use Japanese (or other) high quality capacitors and have sleeved cables but low cost isn't necessarily a good thing. ;)

How much are you paying?

I tried several links on the Gigabyte homepage to supposed suppliers in the USA like newegg and couldn't find it listed. There are no meaningful reviews available on the net so it's very difficult to give an informed opinion and most of the references to this power supply seem to originate in Australia.

Perhaps you, or somebody else, can point me in the direction of a good quality review or two?

Its specification seems OK but like I said no meaningful information on its performance is available so it's hard to recommend.

Edit: ... and by the way it appears to carry only a one year warranty which is quite poor when compared to other manufacturers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg