Spatzthecat

i7 975 new build multi GPU H2O System

I second the mountain mods cases. That is where i am going for my next build. Water cooling has become almost a requirement to push an i7 due to the heatload. Running at less than full capacity can only help. I know two GTX295s , an i7 965 at 3.9 water cooled with a single HDD and a single optical pulls 760 watts in 3D06. Now Furmark on the other hand ...all bets are off on the loading.

http://www.xoxide.com/hspc-topdeck-tech-station-14x13.html

Might be able to use a Tech Station like this. This station is big enough for extended ATX boards and you have plenty of room for 2 power supplies underneath. You'll have to figure out how and where to mount a radiator or make a stand for it. Remember what you are trying to do is not mainstream even in the enthusiast market so finding cases ready for your needs will be a hard task indeed

Like it as an artwork, but for my use I think it may be impractible

http://www.mountainmods.com/

They're a little pricey, but take a look! Beastly cases, even. :)

I think YOU have cracked it, If the options are so vast, then it should be problem solved. Thank you and also ccokeman, GREAT result :)

Will obviously let keep you informed of progtess :)

No problem! Glad we can help. If you go the route of two computers...they have a case that can hold both (I think they call it a duality) :)

No problem! Glad we can help. If you go the route of two computers...they have a case that can hold both (I think they call it a duality) :)

Your idea of building 2 isn't so "crazy" now. To have the ability to double up in 1 case is absolutelly fantastic, more than happy with your solution and may I say not as expensive as I was expecting. :P:)

You have revitalised the build and steered it into another direction which I feel will massivly improve the end result. It looks to be the PERFECT solution, once again many many thanks :)

Bit overkill for some adobe tools and [email protected] what exactly are you getting out of it? Apart from some numbers on a leaderboard?

I will be doing quite a bit of video editing, encoding etc as well asusing the bulk of the CS4 suite

I will most certainly get tremendous pleasure out of it, from the planning to completion to having it running

I basically want the machine to handle my work to a high standard, I want it to be excellent for games and I want to make as much of a contribution towards the science projects as possible especially [email protected] and of course the overclocking aspect.

Its been on the drawing board for 4 years and for one reason or another its been delayed, but the time is right, everything is now in place.

I happen to feel that the [email protected] project is worth the consideration and the additional expense and although the point structure is there to encourage friendly competition [and therefore the whole folding comunity benefits] This is not what motivates me, I am not looking for any personal gain or notoriety. I am in a very fortunate position to be able to consider such a build and want to put it to the best use possible. If my participation assists in any way to achieve the goals of these good people or to be part of a community that most certainly will benefit mankind now and in the near and distant future, thats enough for me!

Edited by Spatzthecat

Hey, have you looked at MountainMods Cases? From Mid to Huge to custom cases. Pretty sweet actually. Check them out. Just might be what ur needing. (see pic)post-67321-1242023615_thumb.jpg

I will be doing quite a bit of video editing, encoding etc as well asusing the bulk of the CS4 suite

I will most certainly get tremendous pleasure out of it, from the planning to completion to having it running

I basically want the machine to handle my work to a high standard, I want it to be excellent for games and I want to make as much of a contribution towards the science projects as possible especially [email protected] and of course the overclocking aspect.

Its been on the drawing board for 4 years and for one reason or another its been delayed, but the time is right, everything is now in place.

I happen to feel that the [email protected] project is worth the consideration and the additional expense and although the point structure is there to encourage friendly competition [and therefore the whole folding comunity benefits] This is not what motivates me, I am not looking for any personal gain or notoriety. I am in a very fortunate position to be able to consider such a build and want to put it to the best use possible. If my participation assists in any way to achieve the goals of these good people or to be part of a community that most certainly will benefit mankind now and in the near and distant future, thats enough for me!

If this forum had a rep system, I would +1 you...

Well said.

Paul...