Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

I can't wait much longer. I hope they improved the side missions and inventory management. Those were the only 2 things thats bugged me about the first one.

Yes they have been GREATLY improved, i remember watching an interview a while back and it was said those were actually the 2 most complained about things, and have since had a Complete overhaul, so no worries :thumbs-up:

They better have removed the stupid inventory limit. I always hit the 150 item limit on every single playthrough, even when I had all high quality weapons and mods and armor. Always hit it.. made me so mad haha.

I didn't have an issue with the inventory screen on the PC, same with the interface. Both of those were improved nicely from the 360 version and to me, made much more sense. I preferred the PC inventory and interface to the 360, I can't stand the 360 interface at all. If they took the PC's version and tweaked that some, I'd be happy.

And no, I never tried the threesome idea though I was always tempted by it. Maybe on another playthrough to get me to 3 or 4 characters to take into ME2 instead of just 2. If I can put down DAO lol.

Interesting little tidbit concerning the DLC at launch. All of it will be free at launch, including a planet and even a new party member (Dragon Age "Stone Prisoner" anyone?).. but more details will be following later. To me, it almost seems like the pre-order bonuses will be made available to everyone, possibly after launch, but for a small fee. At least, thats what I think they'll do.. and knowing how most pre-order bonuses are eventually made available for a small price later on, it seems fairly reasonable to think that for ME2.

EDIT: Just saw an article on 1up.com about the Cerberus Network that Bioware is doing for ME2's DLC. Full details here! Basically, if you buy the game new you get access to it for free. If you buy it used, you have to pay to gain access in order to get the DLC. What this does is essentially cut out the savings of buying a used game, if the game is 55 dollars instead of 60 and you have to pay 5 bucks to get to the CN, you aren't saving anything. This is mostly for console gamers since Gamestop (who is the target most likely) doesn't sell used PC games, but it is interesting nonetheless. Will it pan out? Who knows, but it is one way to keep the new game sales up and siphon money away from Gamestop.. which I am all for haha.

Edited by bp9801

Interesting little tidbit concerning the DLC at launch. All of it will be free at launch, including a planet and even a new party member (Dragon Age "Stone Prisoner" anyone?).. but more details will be following later. To me, it almost seems like the pre-order bonuses will be made available to everyone, possibly after launch, but for a small fee. At least, thats what I think they'll do.. and knowing how most pre-order bonuses are eventually made available for a small price later on, it seems fairly reasonable to think that for ME2.

EDIT: Just saw an article on 1up.com about the Cerberus Network that Bioware is doing for ME2's DLC. Full details here! Basically, if you buy the game new you get access to it for free. If you buy it used, you have to pay to gain access in order to get the DLC. What this does is essentially cut out the savings of buying a used game, if the game is 55 dollars instead of 60 and you have to pay 5 bucks to get to the CN, you aren't saving anything. This is mostly for console gamers since Gamestop (who is the target most likely) doesn't sell used PC games, but it is interesting nonetheless. Will it pan out? Who knows, but it is one way to keep the new game sales up and siphon money away from Gamestop.. which I am all for haha.

Sweet! i just pre-ordered my PC Collectors Edition Yesterday in-stoor from GAME, i asked about the special armor codes (terminus & inferno) and they had no idea about it, so maybe they will be available in the Cerberus Network for free on launch day too. I wonder what else there will be in there... :)

Im actually in favour of the whole idea, its good news for Developers because console games are always on sale and in a bargin bin soon after that, while PC users have no option to buy used games in the first place, so i guess in a way Dev's are losing out on just as much/if not more console sales as they are to PC sales because both get pirated anyway.

I still hope that PC users can get DLC's for free, like with 'Bring Down the Sky' you had to have a Valid Product key, and regester it to your Bioware account before you could actually use the DLC, but atleast it was free :)

Edited by SenitaL

It doesn't concern ME2 directly, but according to Dr. Greg Zeshuck (co-founder of Bioware), the Mass Effect trilogy doesn't necessarily mean the franchise will end. He doesn't go into much detail but says that more Mass Effect will be coming "in the future." Hopefully it doesn't turn into Call of Duty/Guitar Hero: We Want More Money, but I'm hopeful Bioware knows what they are doing.

I'm also in favor of the Cerberus Network idea, its about time a company stepped up to the plate and tries to shut out some business for all the used game sales. Sure it keeps the store afloat, but it hurts the developers who actually make our games. Without them having the funds to make games, there won't be used games for people to buy.. or pirate.

It sounds like the DLC will be free at launch but they didn't say for how long. So for people who are having the games shipped to them, like me, I hope we will still have access to the content a week or so after the launch of the game. That, or the game will have a code to download the item's for free within a few months of it, like it was for Dragon Age.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot, the OFFICIAL LAUNCH TRAILER!

Edited by bp9801

For those of you interested or are on the fence about ME2, IGN has released the review of it. A few days in advance (like they usually do for the big titles) but it is essentially heaped with praise. A 9.6 out of 10, a few technical issues (game crashes, stuck on enviroments, sound cutting out) but they weren't frequent enough to mar the experience. Looks like a clear winner to me. Cannot wait to get the game in my hands. Damn you school, cutting into my playing time!

For those of you interested or are on the fence about ME2, IGN has released the review of it. A few days in advance (like they usually do for the big titles) but it is essentially heaped with praise. A 9.6 out of 10, a few technical issues (game crashes, stuck on enviroments, sound cutting out) but they weren't frequent enough to mar the experience. Looks like a clear winner to me. Cannot wait to get the game in my hands. Damn you school, cutting into my playing time!

also Heres a link to a link of hardware benchmarks.

3 days. haha i cant wait

9.6 from ign? i was hoping it was higher

Edited by ShallowBay

They better have removed the stupid inventory limit. I always hit the 150 item limit on every single playthrough, even when I had all high quality weapons and mods and armor. Always hit it.. made me so mad haha.

seems like there pretty much is no inventory this time around, so much less micromanagement is required.

i have mixed feelings about the changes made since ME but overall it's leaving a good impression, and i certainly won't be cancelling my preorder.

For the people getting this on the 360, here is information about the disc swap you'll need to perform. Basically, the early stuff is on Disc 1, then partway through you'll swap to Disc 2, then for the end game you're back on Disc 1. Two swaps and you'll be done. For the people getting it on the PC, no disc swap is necessary since all the data gets installed on to your hard drive and you can game in peace. I'm also hoping the PC version doesn't actually need the disc at all, like ME1, so this way I can just play it whenever I want and not insert a disc all the time.

I need to finish my second playthrough on ME1 so I can bring in two characters. And since my copy of the game will be arriving a bit later then the release date, I can maybe start a third and a fourth lol.