Windows 7 and Drivers

Shadowfactor

Hey guys,

Been a while since i've posted, I just got back from a 4 month internship in Germany. I havent been keeping up with the computer scene while i was there either :-/

I looked around a little bit and I can't find any Windows 7 drivers for my rig ( specs in sig) but I've read about people running systems with the same mobo as me or similar models.

Where is everyone getting windows 7 drivers from....

Win7 should install ALL drivers by default...if it doesnt it will as soon as an internet connection is established...It wont let you install old drivers...and teh raid drivers for Vista will work just fine...

what about Raid Drivers ???

RAID drivers for an OS array are loaded during the install, this can be by USB flash drive, so just download the Vista driver, save/extract to flash drive, and away you go

okay so I burned the windows 7 64 bit version to a dvd and did all that stuff.

go to install it

Everything went fine until I got this error. It talks about a missing cd/dvd driver...

I only have one DVD drive/burner and it's the one the computer is installing from.. Kinda confused...

I tried to just hit next but it won't let me continue..

any ideas would be great!

I have a Lite-on LH-20A1L sata dvd burner

photoxfa.th.jpg

Edited by Shadowfactor

if you are installing Raid you'll need to use an IDE drive or correctly select the device in the boot order....

on my CH9 board if you use a SATA dvd rom drive you set the boot order to boot from that drive NOT regular CD_Rom in the bios...look for the serial number in the boot devices....

Okay so

I went into BIOS and set the boot drive to LITE-ON

made sure the regular cd-rom option was not in the boot order

popped in the windows 7 disc.

Got the same error as listed above.

Any ideas ?

Question: I have a Core 2 Duo with 4 GBs of RAM, and I installed Windows 7 RC 32 bit Ultimate. But when I go to System, it tells me I have 4.00 Gbs of RAM, yet 3.25 Usable. My motherboard does support over 4 GBs of ram, what's going on?