pghguins

problem with a new 8400GS

If you can load windows thru a an optical drive on this system you should have no trouble booting to an iso file if it has been burned properly because windows OS install CD/DVD is an iso.

You must ask yourself, What are you using to burn the iso and how are you doing it?

Try burning the iso again follow the toot to the letter. Use the software from the toot etc.

Blank cd are cheap and I've trashed many of them trying to burn an iso so don't feel bad.

the problem is that the file that they would want to be booted from a floppy isn't an iso. i'm sure this pc can boot from a cd because i installed xp on it that way. ya i've burned iso's before i know how it can be but I was thinking I might be able to find some program that would convert this BIOS executable file to an iso but i've had no luck so far

thanks

Look for a setting that says 'init first display' Set it to pci-e and you should be fine.

Look for a setting that says 'init first display' Set it to pci-e and you should be fine.

I don't see that option in my bios... what I do have is primary video controller which is either onboard or auto. auto being selected will use a video card if present. I'm still looking to update my bios but I've been talking to tech support from the manufacture and his latest email to me was a form letter explaining there warranty and how to get a new card... so it might just be defective