problem with a new 8400GS

After a bit of trial and error I got this 8400GS installed in a older dell optiplex gx110 that use to be running on-board video. I installed the driver and the display adapter it showing up with no problem. The problem occurs when I go into the bios and turn the on-board off and reset. The dell logo appears and if I try to go into the boot menu or not the screen goes blank... I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

I'm not very familiar with Dell bios some minor repairing of friends PC's but I would guess not only do you disable on board but you may need to enable the PCIe slot or what ever as well. Check around the bios see what you can find.

Try going back on the on board video, then go into windows and flash your BIOS to the most recent one. I had to the do the same thing for my cousin with a new AMD 5800+ X2, and it worked great. BIOS updates for Dell PC's is easy, it updates in the windows setting. Google your Dell model, with also BIOS update, and you should see a link... ;)

Try going back on the on board video, then go into windows and flash your BIOS to the most recent one. I had to the do the same thing for my cousin with a new AMD 5800+ X2, and it worked great. BIOS updates for Dell PC's is easy, it updates in the windows setting. Google your Dell model, with also BIOS update, and you should see a link... ;)

i found the update to the bios however its telling me to put it on a floppy disc is but I don't have any :( so could i use a blank cd instead?

I bought the Gamer power 903 and have been using it for about a week now. It meets my expectations for the most part, but I tried watching some movies on it and I found that they look horrible. The color is completely washed out. I don't do heavy gaming, but I have a 22 inch Samsung monitor with 1920x1080 native resolution and everything looks crisp and nice for the most part. After looking at the settings, I realized that the setting slider bar won't go past 16 bit color. Does the 8400gs not support 32 bit color? I would have thought that watching a bluray movie would not require a beast of a video card, especially considering my old laptop can play them fine. Is there any way to bypass this or do I need to just connect my laptop to the monitor if I feel like watching a movie?

Put the Bio's file on a USB drive, and see if that works, if not then put it on a blank cd.

this pc doesn't allow me to boot from usb and of the two formats found here i tried burning the second one which says its a a BIOS executable file but it just booted windows even with the cd at the top of the boot sequence

Your PC should have a boot manager key when it first boots up, look for that and then just choose to boot from CD.

it should, my new one does. but it just has F2 to enter setup. i looked around there for an option to boot from the cd but no dice. i may have to track down a floppy disk haha

If you can load windows thru a an optical drive on this system you should have no trouble booting to an iso file if it has been burned properly because windows OS install CD/DVD is an iso.

You must ask yourself, What are you using to burn the iso and how are you doing it?

Try burning the iso again follow the toot to the letter. Use the software from the toot etc.

Blank cd are cheap and I've trashed many of them trying to burn an iso so don't feel bad.