Sign in to follow this  
redtigerdragon

Montana threatens to secede

And if such an event should take place, I would be the first one coming home to join y'all.

Damn skippy! The first state to do it is where I'm moving thats for damn sure.

Regardless, am I the only one that thinks handguns SHOULD be banned?

Yes.

Technically the second amendment does specifically state a militia.

Regardless, am I the only one that thinks handguns SHOULD be banned? So many studies prove that handguns do NOT increase one's safety, even during crimes, because the majority of people aren't properly trained in their use (and sorry, but the gun range does not prepare you for intense situations).

It also says the rights of the people.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A trained responsbile owner shouldn't have his rights taken away because ignorant dimwits hurt themselves and others.

A trained responsbile owner shouldn't have his rights taken away because ignorant dimwits hurt themselves and others.

And yet this happens on a daily basis and we all are fine with it. Stop signs, speed limits, words you can't shout in airports or crowded theaters...

I don't support gun bans, but I do think gun owners read a lot more out of the 2nd amendment than is actually there.

And how many are actually trained and responsible? Only six states actually require training.

Technically the second amendment does specifically state a militia.

Regardless, am I the only one that thinks handguns SHOULD be banned? So many studies prove that handguns do NOT increase one's safety, even during crimes, because the majority of people aren't properly trained in their use (and sorry, but the gun range does not prepare you for intense situations).

I am propoerly trained to use a handgun and have a Concealed license. Even though I hope I never have to draw my weapon with intent, I am glad I have that option to protect myself or loved ones. If they want to ban handguns and autos then I want to be able to walk around with my shotgun then. Criminals will always have guns. If you take them away from the law abiding citizen than you are going to see some serious problems. Cops can't be everywhere. Infact they are pretty useless, at least in Las Vegas anyway.

Edited by InCrYsIs

And yet this happens on a daily basis and we all are fine with it. Stop signs, speed limits, words you can't shout in airports or crowded theaters...

I don't support gun bans, but I do think gun owners read a lot more out of the 2nd amendment than is actually there.

Last I checked the freedom from stop signs and speed limits wasn't in the Bill of Rights. And not being able to cause panic by shouting "BOMB" or "FIRE" is common sense.

And how many are actually trained and responsible? Only six states actually require training.

I don't see how it really matters how many are. As long as they are law abiding citizens it's their right to own a gun. If they use it illegally then they can have that right taken away.

Also what is the actual definition of trained? I took a general gun class, a safety class and the concealed class and test. I had to qualify on a range. I passed a background check. In my opinion that is trained and qualified.