X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

ClayMeow

avoid and save $9 the ruined deadpool, he is nothing like that in the comics...
I fail to see how they "ruined deadpool". Yes, they completely changed his "origin", however I wouldn't say they ruined him. If anything, they made him more badass than he should have been. In addition,

they already signed off on a Deadpool spin-off...which is probably why they added in the bonus scene at the end.

Only thing that pissed me off about this movie was that they said gambit would be in the movie.... he had like 1 scene... one of the coolest xmen characters ever excluded from the first 3 movies and given crap all in the 4th.

Magneto is the best and he wasnt in this (it wouldnt make sense for him to be) but there goes the 2 coolest chars pretty much excluded (if not entirely).

But it was good, i enjoyed the action and the story was pretty good... i wish you saw more of wade tbh too.

I was very surprised with the X-Men movies that Gambit wasn't in them. IIRC, Gambit was originally supposed to be in one of them, but then they cut him out on the editing floor.

But as for his role in Wolverine, I actually thought they portrayed him fairly well. The special effects for him weren't over-the-top...but they were enough to still make him seem cool, and I thought he acted pretty badass with his cards and staff, just like you'd expect from his character. I'd really like to see a Gambit spin-off though, as I definitely think he deserves more screen time. He was good in this movie, but like you said, he wasn't in it for long (two scenes, not one :P)

As for Magneto, like you said, it wouldn't make sense for him to be in this movie. However, I believe X-Men Origins: Magneto is the next film, so we'll get a healthy dose of him then.

The main thing I saw that didn't seem consistent with the movie was that the pool they put him in to inject the adamantium into him was clear, yet in the first movie when he flashes back to it, the pool was a deep green color. Is there any explanation for why that was the case?

The only real gripe I have with the movie was the CGI. With the budget and resources this movie had, there was NO reason the CGI should have looked as terrible as it did. Jurassic Park's CGI (1993) looked better...

The main thing I saw that didn't seem consistent with the movie was that the pool they put him in to inject the adamantium into him was clear, yet in the first movie when he flashes back to it, the pool was a deep green color. Is there any explanation for why that was the case?

Well since Logan was shot in the head and lost his memory, his flashbacks could be compromised.

The only real gripe I have with the movie was the CGI. With the budget and resources this movie had, there was NO reason the CGI should have looked as terrible as it did. Jurassic Park's CGI (1993) looked better...
At what point did the CGI look terrible? Logan's claws breaking thru his skin (both in bone and adamanium form) looked fine, Wraith's teleporting looked good, Gambit's cards looked good, as well as his ground strikes with his staff, Summers' blasts looked good....I don't recall anything standing out that looked bad.

At what point did the CGI look terrible? Logan's claws breaking thru his skin (both in bone and adamanium form) looked fine, Wraith's teleporting looked good, Gambit's cards looked good, as well as his ground strikes with his staff, Summers' blasts looked good....I don't recall anything standing out that looked bad.

Off the top of my head - When his adamantium claws broke through a door towards the end, and when sabertooth scratched the hood of the car. There were some others, but those two were the ones that made me tilt my head and say, "What the hell?"

Off the top of my head - When his adamantium claws broke through a door towards the end, and when sabertooth scratched the hood of the car. There were some others, but those two were the ones that made me tilt my head and say, "What the hell?"

Are you talking about when he slashed an "X" thru the door to bust through, or when he slid his claw up to unlock the door? I saw nothing wrong with the former, and the latter had nothing to do with CGI, it was just a little corny

As for sabertooth, I saw nothing wrong with that either...shrug