X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

ClayMeow

Saw the movie tonight. Forget what you've read...it was AWESOME. Honestly, I don't really understand why it's gotten bad reviews. Have the critics never seen an X-Men movie, let alone an action movie?

I even thought the storyline was pretty good (Verran, fret not, Wolverine has added dimension in the movie not seen in the X-Men trilogy).

So for those that have seen it (in the theater), what did you think?

PS. For those that haven't seen it yet, STAY AFTER THE CREDITS (and I mean really stay...they trick you and show you an additional scene after 10secs and then go back to the credits...but wait the full 10mins (or whatever it is) as there is a final clip at the very end, in true Marvel-movie fashion.

[Yes I realize this thread exists, but that's just full of conjecture and before anyone (legitimately) saw it.]

I even thought the storyline was pretty good (Kash, fret not, Wolverine has added dimension in the movie not seen in the X-Men trilogy).

Hey, that was Verran, not me.

Ya I just purely loved the movie, And it FULLY explains what happened before, every little details, why in the 3rd movie when his skin got damaged there was silverish material under and so much more. I was always wondered how those swords came out, but the movie explained that he had them before, they just got improved.. I dont want to spoil the film for you guys.

I purely loved it, any of you who liked X-Men will LOVE this movie.

Also what was the final scene? I saw one after the credit summary, but I forgot what happened XD

Also what was the final scene? I saw one after the credit summary, but I forgot what happened XD

Post Credit Bonus Scene (DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN THE MOVIE):

Wreckage from the nuclear plant is shown...camera pans and you see a long metal blade retract...camera zooms in on a hand...the hand of Weapon XI (DeadPool)...the hand reaches for the severed head lying in front of it....the hand touches the head and the head speaks. THE END

Ya I just purely loved the movie, And it FULLY explains what happened before, every little details, why in the 3rd movie when his skin got damaged there was silverish material under and so much more. I was always wondered how those swords came out, but the movie explained that he had them before, they just got improved.. I dont want to spoil the film for you guys.

Silverish material? Swords? How do you know nothing about Wolverine? :P

the movie was really bad, i watched the workprint when it came out than saw it in theaters (free ticket, can't go wrong) and its just the same. the only difference is the last 5 minutes is fully rendered which does not save the movie from total crap.

avoid and save $9 the ruined deadpool, he is nothing like that in the comics...

Edited by hornybluecow

the movie was really bad, i watched the workprint when it came out than saw it in theaters (free ticket, can't go wrong) and its just the same. the only difference is the last 5 minutes is fully rendered which does not save the movie from total crap.

avoid and save $9 the ruined deadpool, he is nothing like that in the comics...

Yeah, they should definitely have used Crossfire instead, it would have saved it!

Oh wait... <_<

Edited by Waco

I was pissed that they totally messed up deadpool. The movies itself was pretty good, they did a good job on story for wolverine. But they also kinda messed with gambit, which annoyed me. I'd have to say that I'm halfway on this, didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Only thing that pissed me off about this movie was that they said gambit would be in the movie.... he had like 1 scene... one of the coolest xmen characters ever excluded from the first 3 movies and given crap all in the 4th.

Magneto is the best and he wasnt in this (it wouldnt make sense for him to be) but there goes the 2 coolest chars pretty much excluded (if not entirely).

But it was good, i enjoyed the action and the story was pretty good... i wish you saw more of wade tbh too.