no display after wakeup

hi everybody...... so far i've been lovin my latest build but theres one thing i'm just a little curious about. some times when i wake it from sleep it wont display video no matter what i do and i have to restart it. It's weird though because it happens randomly. any advice appreciated.

board: asus m3a79-t deluxe

cpu: phenom 9950 @ 3ghz

ram: gskill 2x2 @1066

gpu:sapphire ati 4870 1g

psu: silencer 750w

wd 500g hd

Good question. I've had the same issue before but I don't put mine to sleep much anymore . So I'd like to know the answer as well.

I suspect it's a background task perform a task at the time of wake up. As I recall from checking my logs it was Perfect Disk Rx suite running on mine that may have caused the problem for me. It was the disk defrag that was running but I could not verify it as the cause.

Any who I hope someone has the answer.

VISTA home premium 64 bit

Every once in a while when I come back idle or sleep, one of my monitors won't turn back on. To fix it, I just Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the task manager, and the monitor magically turns back on. Maybe that'll help? ^_^

i tried that unfortunately and nothing will get the monitor to display anything................ oh well i guess i'll just continue to use like it is............ i just find it weird because it seems to be random

I started getting this with Windows 7 RC, I don't let my pc sleep or hibernate my monitor shuts off after 10 min, but when I come back it the display doesn't come back to my desktop it goes to my servers desktop instead, I have to shut off my monitor and switch it from analog to digital.