faisaltauqir

How big on a preformance leap will I get

Right now I have:

E660

1 gb DDR @ 260 MHZ

600 watt corsair

Generic Mobo with pci e 1.0

Asus gts 250 (mild overclock)

With this build I get 5-20 frames in Crysis Warhead (mix of medium and high) @ 1024*768

What Im getting

4 gb of Ocz Reaper ram (800 mhz will OC)

Gigabyte p45 board with pci e (2.0)

What do you guys think I will get (framewise in Crysis)

Edited by faisaltauqir

About 5-20fps.

To get a boost you would need a new cpu and video card.

+1

Yea definitely getting a new gpu should be your main priority along with a new cpu. Generally in gaming your gpu will be your limiting factor once you get into a decently high resolution and detail settings. Post back with your "complete" specs and a budget so we can help you choose some upgrades.

If your on a budget you can get a ATI HD2600xt for less than 50 bucks and I run 35-40 FPS @high on Left 4 Dead

GTS 250 with 5-20FPS.. i got 20-30 fps with 8800GT superclock and 1920x1080 full hd monitor.. (in high settings)

Edited by abid

Just get more memory, the newer board and "faster" memory won't help much.

If your on a budget you can get a ATI HD2600xt for less than 50 bucks and I run 35-40 FPS @high on Left 4 Dead

thats not even the game he is talking about, and why should he go from a GTS 250 to a

2600xt

Edited by damian

Right now I have:

E660

1 gb DDR @ 260 MHZ

600 watt corsair

Generic Mobo with pci e 1.0

Asus gts 250 (mild overclock)

With this build I get 5-20 frames in Crysis Warhead (mix of medium and high) @ 1024*768

What Im getting

4 gb of Ocz Reaper ram (800 mhz will OC)

Gigabyte p45 board with pci e (2.0)

What do you guys think I will get (framewise in Crysis)

If I was going to change that stuff I'd get the P45 gigabyte board but I would opt for some G-Skill ddr-800 BPK ram...2x2gig kit is 46.00 right now...

that GTS-250 is the same G92 chip as the 9800GTX+ but faster and cooler...it should do better than you currently are...

My gpu isn't the limiting factor since on youtube people are playing it maxed at around 25+ frames with a decent resolution and a 9800 gtx+ with a e5200

Edited by faisaltauqir

Guys, he's running ONE GB of RAM, that just doesn't cut it for Crysis! Get a decent 4GB set, the one dr_bowtie is talking about is great!

Guys, he's running ONE GB of RAM, that just doesn't cut it for Crysis! Get a decent 4GB set, the one dr_bowtie is talking about is great!

:withstupid: Even if you dont get anymore FPS it wont take 10 minutes to load and game play will be worlds smoother. I cant imagine having to run 1gb of RAM in any of my desktops.