Sign in to follow this  
LoArmistead

Terminator Discussion Thread

Since the impending awesomeness of Terminator: Salvation is right around the corner, I wanted to start up a general Terminator discussion thread. Dunno how many people on here are Terminator fans, but I've been one since I was a wee baby.

I loved the first one, loved the second one even more, wasn't too big on the third one, but I am really, really looking forward to the fourth one.

I also am an avid fan of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show, which I pray to God is renewed for a third season. I don't watch much TV at all, and I very seldom get attached to a television show, but TTSCC somehow succeeded in catching and keeping my attention - something a TV show hasn't done in years. I would be really bummed out to see that Fox canned it in place of some crappy sitcom.

So I'll open this up to general discussion regarding anything related to Terminator. Who here is looking forward to the new movie, and does anyone else like the show?

Trailer 3 is, I believe, the best movie trailer I've seen in a while. Here's a link to it: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

First, this should go in the Entertainment sub-forum.

As for Terminator: Salvation, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I enjoyed the movies, but it was the Sarah Connor Chronicles which really engrossed me even more. I don't know if it's because it's an ongoing show with multiple storylines...or maybe because Summer Glau is the hottest cyborg ever...but whatever it is, that show definitely renewed my interest in the Terminator lore.

First, this should go in the Entertainment sub-forum.

Thank you! As soon as I posted it in the Lounge I knew something didn't feel right. If a mod could move this thread that would be fantastic.

As for Terminator: Salvation, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I enjoyed the movies, but it was the Sarah Connor Chronicles which really engrossed me even more. I don't know if it's because it's an ongoing show with multiple storylines...or maybe because Summer Glau is the hottest cyborg ever...but whatever it is, that show definitely renewed my interest in the Terminator lore.

I can't really explain TTSCC. I dislike TV very much. I hate commercials and generally I don't become overly involved with TV shows, but TTSCC really did stick to me, and I am hooked on it. I got really bummed out towards the middle of the second season -

when they started killing off the entire cast toward the end of it

- but in the end it more than made up for it, and wet my appetite for a third season. They say there's a high chance that it might not get renewed, but I was looking up some stats on the show, and it's really strong given the circumstances. For one, its DVR numbers are very high, it is the #1 watched show in 70 countries, has very high internet viewership, and really has a lot of potential if Fox could manage to move it out of the Friday night death slot. Sci-Fi Friday worked for X-Files back in the 90s, but over the past decade God created broadband internet and the DVR, and Sci-Fi Friday just doesn't work like it used to, especially for a show which is geared towards an audience that statistically doesn't watch TV on Friday nights. They DVR the show and watch it later... but of course DVR viewership isn't counted in the core Nielsen ratings so what is one to do? :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the fourth movie, the trailers just scream awesome. I usually don't go see movies on opening night, but this one will probably be an exception.

As for TSCC, phenomenal show. There are no words for how awesome the season finale was. If Fox doesn't end up renewing the show, at least I can take comfort in knowing that they left us with an amazing ending.

Thank you! As soon as I posted it in the Lounge I knew something didn't feel right. If a mod could move this thread that would be fantastic.

Done

I can't wait for the fourth movie, the trailers just scream awesome. I usually don't go see movies on opening night, but this one will probably be an exception.

As for TSCC, phenomenal show. There are no words for how awesome the season finale was. If Fox doesn't end up renewing the show, at least I can take comfort in knowing that they left us with an amazing ending.

:withstupid: They definitely made the season finale one that could stand as a series finale if it unfortunately comes to that, so props to them for that. I mean sure, it opened up a bazillion questions...but somehow, it still felt like a bit of closure.

I can't really explain TTSCC. I dislike TV very much. I hate commercials and generally I don't become overly involved with TV shows, but TTSCC really did stick to me, and I am hooked on it. I got really bummed out towards the middle of the second season -

when they started killing off the entire cast toward the end of it

- but in the end it more than made up for it, and wet my appetite for a third season. They say there's a high chance that it might not get renewed, but I was looking up some stats on the show, and it's really strong given the circumstances. For one, its DVR numbers are very high, it is the #1 watched show in 70 countries, has very high internet viewership, and really has a lot of potential if Fox could manage to move it out of the Friday night death slot. Sci-Fi Friday worked for X-Files back in the 90s, but over the past decade God created broadband internet and the DVR, and Sci-Fi Friday just doesn't work like it used to, especially for a show which is geared towards an audience that statistically doesn't watch TV on Friday nights. They DVR the show and watch it later... but of course DVR viewership isn't counted in the core Nielsen ratings so what is one to do? :rolleyes:

I am kinda pissed that Nielsen isn't taking into affect the other forms of media yet such as DVR and Internet viewings. They are lagging behind the times and because of it some of our favorite shows are getting canned. Its not that nobody likes them its the fact that we watch it when we can watch it, not when some networks tells us too lol.

I really hope TTSCC comes back, they really need to put down Prison Break it was a great show for the first two seasons then it went what the heck is this crap.

On a side note I am really enjoying Dollhouse as well :)

Edited by greengiant912

I am kinda pissed that Nielsen isn't taking into affect the other forms of media yet such as DVR and Internet viewings. They are lagging behind the times and because of it some of our favorite shows are getting canned. Its not that nobody likes them its the fact that we watch it when we can watch it, not when some networks tells us too lol.

I really hope TTSCC comes back, they really need to put down Prison Break it was a great show for the first two seasons then it went what the heck is this crap.

It's not the Nielsen is ignoring them, they're just reporting them separately. You can understand why though, since advertisers know that 99% of those that DVR a show skip thru the commercials.

That being said, I worked a TV Research Analyst a few years back, and IMO, the whole Nielsen system is total BS and can't believe such an antiquated, flawed system is still being used. I don't blame the networks for that, though, it's the advertisers that are at fault, as that's who really cares about the ratings.

:withstupid:

It was a typical Whedon show, start off slow and dumbed down to draw in casual viewers and then ramp up the nitty gritty details that us Whedon fans love. The last episode was just phenomenal. I wasn't that intrigued at first, but I'm really enjoying this show now.

I am a huge fan also and can't wait to see it. My favorite parts has always been when the tanks are crushing the skulls and the hunter killers are roaming with spot lights. Now we can see a whole movie on this.

HUGE Terminator fan here - loved the movies, lovin' the series. I have the whole series DVR'd and watching it for the third time. :lol:

Can't wait for T:S. I haven't seen any of the Terminator movies on the big screen, but I may go see this one. Those previews are awesome.