What brand makes good monitors?

I never thought CRTs looked better, given I wont argue the higher refresh rates, but after they are a little old they get loud, blurry, and sometimes have the screen have that one shade of color overriding the rest.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought CRTs looked better, given I wont argue the higher refresh rates, but after they are a little old they get loud, blurry, and sometimes have the screen have that one shade of color overriding the rest.

Good CRTs don't have that problem. Their contrast, black levels, and ability to change pixel pitch are why they are superior in nearly every way with regards to the image only.

Good CRTs don't have that problem. Their contrast, black levels, and ability to change pixel pitch are why they are superior in nearly every way with regards to the image only.

Ah, I won't call you a liar, though I wish someone would show me one of these good CRTs. Everyone I've come across has one or more of the symptoms I mentioned. Some of the Flatscreen CRTs are ok but I've never gotten a side by side with an LCD to see what makes them better. LCDs have always looked far crisper to me.

Ah, I won't call you a liar, though I wish someone would show me one of these good CRTs.

If you want to pay shipping I'll send you my 19" Diamondtron...it's about 85 pounds though. :lol:

If you want to pay shipping I'll send you my 19" Diamondtron...it's about 85 pounds though. :lol:

I'll take your word for it, I'll gladly pay to have a 85lb diamond shipped though

Edited by IVIYTH0S