Sign in to follow this  
soyuz

What brand makes good monitors?

Im running a envision 20 wide screen had for about a year now LOVE IT excelent quality looks good really slim (flat pannel of course) wall mountable good stuff.

+2 Acer

+1 LG

Acer: Bang for your $$$, and performance is great.

I just bought a samsung 22 inch lcd from the Dell online outlet for $154 with free shipping, ( $110 off ) . Its an awesome monitor, better than my hp 2407 and better than my 19" acer.

While I can't say anything for flat panels/LCD's as I've never owned one (and don't plan on it as long as I can still find high res CRT's :rolleyes: )

My 3 15 inch Dell CRT's are over 15 years old now and still look fine (picture-wise at least, ones chain-smoker yellow, and the other 2 are covered in sharpie and stickers) one of the sticker plastered ones is starting to get a bit dark but hey, it's old XD

Using a 21 inch Dell CRT running 2o48x1536 as my primary right now and I LOVE it, I really want to track down a pair of 26 inch CRT's so I can run even higher res :ph34r:

So +4 for Dell for me =]

What is a CRT? :)

I've got a warehouse full of them we got stuck with when the market fell out the bottom :(

Edited by wevsspot

Samsung and Dell are my first two choices. If I'm on a budget, Westinghouse is my go-to. I've had bad luck with BenQ monitors, their image quality leaves quite a bit to be desired (visible dithering is a huge problem for me).

What is a CRT? :)

I've got a warehouse full of them we got stuck with when the market fell out the bottom :(

Send some love this way then haha, I'll take some a pair of 24+inch CRT's off your hands haha

Higher max res, better picture quality and truer blacks than LCD's ftw, besides my desk can hold 3 x 21 inch CRT's and 2 towers haha

Send some love this way then haha, I'll take some a pair of 24+inch CRT's off your hands haha

Higher max res, better picture quality and truer blacks than LCD's ftw, besides my desk can hold 3 x 21 inch CRT's and 2 towers haha

Ah, good to see there are "old-school" folks still around who use CRTs.

yet massively more inefficient...

yet massively more inefficient...

That doesn't bother me. I prefer CRTs as well, I just don't have the desk space for them any more.