Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion vs Asus Xonar D2

Jump4h

I tested the STX with the K701 and HD25-1 II. It is more than capable.

Ultimately, a high-end dedicated headphone amp would be better, but also would at least triple the total cost of soundcard + headphone amp... if you have high end headphones and either don't have a headphone amp, or you have a crappy boostaroo or something, then the STX makes a lot of sense

Hahax.. I suppose I would have to settle with the STX for now if I intend to get better headphones.. Due to lack of $$$ hope I could buy a headphone amp for my desktop.. Thanks hardnrg.. :closedeyes:

X-Fi does support DTS and dolby digital but Creative breaks that in its latest drivers

Actually the latest X-Fi driver brought back DTS and Dolby Decoding while previous drivers added DDL which is Dolby encoding. So unlike with Xonars you actually get both. The driver I linked to is not for your Titanium though but Titanium card did not have Dolby and DTS decoding in the first place so drivers could not break it. My X-Fi Gamer works fine under XP and I am testing waters on Windows 7 (64-bit) rig now - so far so good... Using the latest X-Fi driver 2.18.0013

Edited by Stoff

Ever think about the AuzenTech XFi Prelude 7.1. AuzenTech makes great sound cards.

Their cards are based on creative X-FI technology.. So I'm not sure if people would be confident about their drivers since alot of people did have issues with creative's drivers..

Thanks for clarifying those things hardnrg. I haven't owned either of these, but from an outsider looking in, it looks like the X-Fi is a better sound card. Anyone had any personal experiences with X-Fis?

I own an X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional (without the 5'25 bay), and I'm happy with it. Compared with onboard audio (Realtek 889A), I've seen a considerable gaming performance improvement for X-Fi Titanium. I think Xonar is not capable of similar gaming performance improvements.

Of course, you may hear how bad many mp3's are :D