best power supply brand on the market and why

what do you think is the best power supply brand on the market? and why...  

44 members have voted

1. 1. what is your choice for best power supply brand

• pc power and cooling
    • corsair
    • ocz
    • antec
    • enermax
    • rosewill
    • fsp group
    • sapphire
    • other
    • thermaltake
    • bfg
    • seasonic

hello folks;

what is your choice of best power supply brand on the market?

and why...

thanks

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are many that are high quality, but you need to find one for your needs.

OCZ Makes really good power supplies, but they trick you saying they are SLI/Crossfire certified when they only have 2 PCI-E connectors...

Corsair makes great PSUs as well, and so does PC Power and cooling.

Antec makes really nice ones as well, but they only fit in certain antec cases because they introduced a new PSU style (it is not standard ATX..)

So many to choose from... :blink:

but I have two OCZ PSU's and one on order. The two I have are extremely quiet and seems to supply the power I need. So I ordered another one for my new build.

:foldon:

this thread/question is too vague

but, if i did have to go for a high end unit from a certain brand it'd probably be either the BFG 1200W or Enermax Revolution 1050W

Edited by damian

OCZ Makes really good power supplies, but they trick you saying they are SLI/Crossfire certified when they only have 2 PCI-E connectors...

I don't think they are tricking you. When a power supply is SLI/Crossfire certified it isn't an across the board certification, it relates to a particular group of cards and you need to check. Two 6 pin PCI-E connectors is adequate for SLI 9600GSO's for example.

Antec makes really nice ones as well, but they only fit in certain antec cases because they introduced a new PSU style (it is not standard ATX..)

What is this new PSU style? I have come across power supplies that are deeper, up to 8" as opposed to the ATX standard 6" or so, but the extra room is usually needed for 1000W+ power supplies, they just won't fit a standard ATX case or at least the quality ones won't! Is this what you mean?

I haven't voted as it is difficult if not impossible to name one particular manufacturer. Most major manufacturers produce great power supplies but there are usually only one or two that stand out from the crowd. I suppose the best power supply is the one that best suits your needs and your pocket. The best power supplies are unfortunately usually the most expensive and the old adage you get what you pay for is usually the case.

Cheers

Paul

What is this new PSU style? I have come across power supplies that are deeper, up to 8" as opposed to the ATX standard 6" or so, but the extra room is usually needed for 1000W+ power supplies, they just won't fit a standard ATX case or at least the quality ones won't! Is this what you mean?

I haven't voted as it is difficult if not impossible to name one particular manufacturer. Most major manufacturers produce great power supplies but there are usually only one or two that stand out from the crowd. I suppose the best power supply is the one that best suits your needs and your pocket. The best power supplies are unfortunately usually the most expensive and the old adage you get what you pay for is usually the case.

Cheers

Paul

I think he is talking about tthis certain unit from Antec

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=...ry&reid=142

It's not a new form factor its probably just a one time thing for this certain line.

I like alot of companies PSU's just depends on what I am building when it comes down to PSU's. I am really liking Thermaltake's new stuff as well :)

if unable to rate a particular power supply as the absolute best in the market, then please state what you use and why you chose to go with that particular unit.

please also describe particulars such as high pitched noises your particular unit may make and whether or not it seems to have the quality it should for whatever name brand it may be...

also if you would purchase from the same manufacturer again or go with a different brand next time.

personally, after using ocz, it's not number one on my list anymore and recommending an ocz stealthxstream 600 watt unit (as this current unit does make a high pitched noise) to anyone would be impossible as it just doesn't seem to have the kick a good gaming power supply should have...

this is a very important topic as it comes up quite alot on this forum so please feel free to post all opinions rather than feel forced to pick the best on the market...

this is an opinion poll based on experience, not absolutes... as yes, it can be very vague...

thanks

Edited by Maj0r Gamer