Disabled GPU in ATI CCC?

I've tried multiple versions of it from like 7.0 - 9.2 and can't get it to enable the 2nd card. There is no BIOS setting for me to enable crossfire, other things like AMD GPU can see the 2nd card but they can't modify the clocks on it. I've tried a .NET 3.5 re-install, nothing. Driver sweep everything, re-install, same thing. One interesting note is that when I rolled back to 8.1 AMD GPU tool wouldn't let me modify the lcock on either of my two MSI 4850's.

Attached is a pic, please help. :blink:

post-67200-1241277545_thumb.jpg

I've tried multiple versions of it from like 7.0 - 9.2 and can't get it to enable the 2nd card. There is no BIOS setting for me to enable crossfire, other things like AMD GPU can see the 2nd card but they can't modify the clocks on it. I've tried a .NET 3.5 re-install, nothing. Driver sweep everything, re-install, same thing. One interesting note is that when I rolled back to 8.1 AMD GPU tool wouldn't let me modify the lcock on either of my two MSI 4850's.

Attached is a pic, please help. :blink:

Just a random idea; have you attempted to plug your monitors in to the second card?

It seems to me like Windows is seeing to seperate cards not linked.

Just a random idea; have you attempted to plug your monitors in to the second card?

You might be onto something, I just switched the cables and told windows to make the plug and play monitor on the 2nd card the default, and now the CCC is only seeing the 2nd card, the 1st card is disabled....

Ok now it sees both but the program locks up and takes like 50% of my proc. or more, maybe a version update will fix this.

Ok now it sees both but the program locks up and takes like 50% of my proc. or more, maybe a version update will fix this.

Are you running SP1 on Vista?

Also what version of .net are you running?

Can you run two monitors 1 on

each of the seperate cards?

Then try and do a dual display.

Are you running SP1 on Vista?

Also what version of .net are you running?

Can you run two monitors 1 on

each of the seperate cards?

Then try and do a dual display.

XP Pro SP3

.net 3.5 recently re-installed today due to this.

I don't have two monitors of the same size, i have a 22 and a 17, when I eneable the 17 is when it goes hay wire and ccc hogs 50% + of my CPU.

I'm running 8.3 ccc, so I think i'll update that and try.

Did you install the CrossFire bridge? What board do you have? Does it support CrossFire?

MSI p45 yes, it supports crossfire, 2 cards at 16x even. Yes the bridge is in too.

Edited by Killa Kiwi