so tell me how i can do that ? so overclock my cpu over 3.7ghz

well hi guys.. as i have recently joined the forum. my system specs are;

CPU: E2140

Mobo: Asus Maximus II Formula P45

RAM: Corsair 2GB 667Mhz

PSU:Cooler Master 600 watts

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8..

so tell me how i can do that ? so overclock my cpu over 3.7ghz

read tut, or just bump vcores fsbs and make sure ram stays normal and ull be fine lawl

btw 667 ram can go to around 750mhz @ 1.9v with stock timings and be stable.

you're doing good to get 3.7ghz....I'd be very surprised if you can get more without sub-zero cooling...be nice though

read tut, or just bump vcores fsbs and make sure ram stays normal and ull be fine lawl

btw 667 ram can go to around 750mhz @ 1.9v with stock timings and be stable.

Is that really good advice?

I have an E2220 which is basicaly the same chip and I had to up vcore to 1.5v to get 3.5GHz with Max load at 70 C let alone 3.7GHz.

So when your going to 3.7GHz you don't even have to worry about temperatures?

Is that really good advice?

I have an E2220 which is basicaly the same chip and I had to up vcore to 1.5v to get 3.5GHz with Max load at 70 C let alone 3.7GHz.

So when your going to 3.7GHz you don't even have to worry about temperatures?

If I were you I wouldn't listen to Kozary's "advice."

Temperature and vcore do indeed matter greatly. You also can't just assume your RAM will be able to clock anything over the stock speeds without testing it.

OP - with an 8x multiplier and DDR2-667 memory the least you can hope for is 2.66 GHz at 333 FSB. Anything more than that is going to require you to overclock your memory or buy faster memory. There's no way in Hell you'll get to 3.7 GHz with that memory though, that'd be a 38% overclock on your memory (with it running at DDR2-925). That's just not going to happen.

If I were you I wouldn't listen to Kozary's "advice."

Temperature and vcore do indeed matter greatly. You also can't just assume your RAM will be able to clock anything over the stock speeds without testing it.

OP - with an 8x multiplier and DDR2-667 memory the least you can hope for is 2.66 GHz at 333 FSB. Anything more than that is going to require you to overclock your memory or buy faster memory. There's no way in Hell you'll get to 3.7 GHz with that memory though, that'd be a 38% overclock on your memory (with it running at DDR2-925). That's just not going to happen.

Yes I know I wouldn't listen to his advice. I was trying to point out how stupid it was apparently it didn't come across that was, don't worry I will try harder to make it clear next time.

The very best i ever got out of a very good 2180 and excellent abit motherboard was 3.2ghz stable under air. using Mushkin PC8500 ram to eliminate memory clocking issues.