How do I hide My IP?

RaPiDo987

Hey Guys!

How do I hide my IP address?

Are there any "spy-ware free" programs out there?

Don't ask why ;)

Thanks in advance

Proxy

google search "proxy" and you'll be led to one of thousands of different ones. just go to that proxy's website, type in the site you want to go to in their address bar, and go. it runs your connection through their server and hides your IP from the site you are accessing.

Proxy

google search "proxy" and you'll be led to one of thousands of different ones. just go to that proxy's website, type in the site you want to go to in their address bar, and go. it runs your connection through their server and hides your IP from the site you are accessing.

Sweet, thanks....

All of them look like spyware sites... Do you know of any legit sites?

I'm a noob when it comes to networking... What's a proxy?

A proxy server is a server you send all of your internet requests to, and the proxy server then does the actual request to the open net. So when you go to http://slashdot.org, you send a request to your proxy server, the proxy server pulls the content for http://slashdot.org, and then serves it to you. The proxy server knows what your IP is, but slashdot doesn't necessarily know it.

webproxies are the simplest way, but sometimes they don't work so well.

i usually use codeen if i need complete anonymity. noob instructions are here.

btw if you're considering doing something illegal with these services, DON'T. you may be able to hide your IP from websites you visit, but the people running the proxies will happily report you should someone come looking.

btw if you're considering doing something illegal with these services, DON'T. you may be able to hide your IP from websites you visit, but the people running the proxies will happily report you should someone come looking.

LOL... muah ha ha! :ph34r:

Thanks Guys!!!

• 4 weeks later...