Need Help Deciding on Monitor

Monitor  

7 members have voted

1. 1. ASUS VW224U or Acer X233Hbid

• ASUS VW224U
    • Acer X233Hbid
    • Other (Specify)

Hello everyone, I'm new here ^_^

I need some help on deciding on a new monitor, but first, question number one: When you connect a graphics card to your monitor with an HDMI cable (no converters) instead of a DVI cable, will it make my graphics cards run hotter (Computer specs in profile), or no change at all, and is the quality when comparing HDMI to DVI noticeable?

Question two: Which is the better buy? (Please give a reason, and do not go simply by price :) )

Acer X233Hbid

ASUS VW224U (will NOT be using built in speakers)

If you have a better suggestion for a monitor (in a similar price range), go right ahead and tell me ^_^

Thanks in advance,

ExTribble

Edited by ExTribble

Hello everyone, I'm new here ^_^

I need some help on deciding on a new monitor, but first, question number one: When you connect a graphics card to your monitor with an HDMI cable (no converters) instead of a DVI cable, will it make my graphics cards run hotter (Computer specs in profile), or no change at all, and is the quality when comparing HDMI to DVI noticeable?

Question two: Which is the better buy? (Please give a reason, and do not go simply by price :) )

Acer X233Hbid

ASUS VW224U (will NOT be using built in speakers)

If you have a better suggestion for a monitor (in a similar price range), go right ahead and tell me ^_^

Thanks in advance,

ExTribble

wait for the Debranded HP 24" to show up again for 200 dollars

Your graphics card should work no harder for HDMI over DVI-D. Both are essentially the same graphical information (HDMI may or may not contain audio), just different methods of digital transmission. :)

Thanks Crazy Nate for that info (and peace of mind) :) Since I'm buying it today, I'll probably go with the Acer since they have it in a store nearby for the same price as newegg. Consider this problem solved ^_^

Both are cheap budget alternatives and neither are particularly great or stand out over anything. In that price range though (under $200 for a 22" or larger?) it's going to be next to impossible to find anything that stands out.

If you can afford it you should check out the Dell 2209WA. It's still very reasonably priced but more than those two.