Baldur's Gate

Kamikaze_Badger

I picked up a copy of Baldur's Gate with the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion from a friend of mine. However, it seems that every time I get into a fight, even with a full party, I'm utterly destroyed. I'm down near Nashkel, all of my party is level 1 still. Every time we fight, it's a 20% chance of winning, often with lots of reloads. I try to pause and use magic and all that, but it never seems to work out. Do I just suck at this game, or is it normally this hard?

I believe that you can set the difficulty level to a lower one and then back again after the fight.

Also, having a full party at such a low level will probably spawn more mobs than normal due to your numbers. Not sure as I always had maybe one or two party members tops by the time I hit Nashkell.

Spacebar(I think thats what paused the game) is your friend.

One other thing, try to follow the story line of the game as much as is practical. If you end up in area you're not supposed to be, it can make for an impossible battle.

Stick with it, that is my favorite all-time RPG. I ruined Baldur's gate 2 using the in game cheats :( Will never do that again.