• Bit defender
    • norton 360 version3
    • mcafee
    • kapersky
    • f-secure
    • trend micro
    • nod32
    • panda

I vote other: Avira Antivir. works better than most others, is free, and i hardly even notice it's here.

+1 for Avira; been using it for over 5 years now. There is an ad. window that pops up during most updates, other than that, it's excellent.

I voted Kaspersky, as that is the AV solution that Zone Alarm Security Suite uses.

I bought the Kaspersky suite a couple of years ago and found that Zone Alarm has a much better user interface IMO, so I went back to ZA.

Last I had to deal with them, Norton and McAfee were still resource hogs and ingrained themselves way too deep into the OS for my taste. May be different now, don't know.

I do know that Norton and McAfee both had hissy fits and went to court when MS locked everything and everybody out of the kernel when they introduced Vista, so that tells me something is not right with them. ;)

+1 for NOD32

small footprint and keeps the wife from jacking every thing up ^_^

Ditto to what he said. Also has a great detection rate.

Avira is one of the best anti-virus out there, for free. AV comparative, an independent test site, rates it #2 in detection rate. It is light on the system (a LOT lighter than AVG8, compare the startup time and memory use then you'll know) and the ad to upgrade can be easily disabled. I don't use "real time" detection (or resident/guard/autoscan, etc...) on antivirus since it eats your hdd i/o like crazy.