How does heat affect RAM performance wise, and longevity?

RAM Dimms with Fans like especially Corsair Dominators, it that really necessary, or is cooling for RAM a real necessity in terms of overclocking and performance?

RAM Dimms with Fans like especially Corsair Dominators, it that really necessary, or is cooling for RAM a real necessity in terms of overclocking and performance?

It won't affect performance... until they die from heat of course :P

It's a good idea to have a fan blowing on them when overclocking as they tend to get quite hot

Edited by Zertz

Its about $60 @ newegg...

If you want to upgrade to those 4890's this summer, you will need a new PSU

If it was 81C in his room he would most likely be dead right now :unsure:

Edited by Zertz

Haha Lmao guys. My temps for my RAM are not that bad, Their around 25-35C to the touch, and last night I did some cable management

while replacing my GPU thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5, definitely helped a bit here take a look...

Another question, If I wanted to OC DDR2 RAM, whats the best RAM to OC into the 1300 Mhz range on air, because my HyperX sticks hit a instability wall at 1230 Mhz. Any suggestions?

Before:

After:

Another question, If I wanted to OC DDR2 RAM, whats the best RAM to OC into the 1300 Mhz range on air, because my HyperX sticks hit a instability wall at 1230 Mhz. Any suggestions?

Edited by MJCRO

• 1 month later...
I know, I'm just saying it's pretty damn hard to actually overheat DRAM. :P

Hahax.. It's quite possible if you live in a hot and humid country like mine and run the DRAM @ 2.3v :closedeyes: